1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

Sad... grandmother passed last night....

Discussion in 'General' started by WaterLillyFairy, Dec 28, 2003.

1. I dont know if this belongs here or not, but I needed to talk.. well type I guess in this case... My grandmother raised me most of my life.. She took care of me and my brother for a few years, when my mom couldn't, and she was always there for us.. then after my father died, she moved in with us and lived with us for 8 years, until last night... She was one of the only people I coudl always count on... when I was a child my step father did awful things to me, and she was the only one who believed me.. she made my mother report it, and he pleaded guilty... she has always been there for me.. and all she wanted was to see her great grand daughter... I spoke to her christmas day, and at 12:34 december 27 (technically) my brother called me up.. now my brother stays up late, so at first I though maybe he realised I would still be up, and he just wnated to talk to me.. but then he told me... and I have been going through stages of shock, numbness, and then for periods of time I can't stop crying... I can't even afford to go home for the funeral... that hurts me the most... I know she knew how much I loved her... at least my brotehr tells me she did... I moved away 3 years ago, but my brother still lived (lives) with her and my mom, and he told me that she had told him that she knew how much I loved her... I want so badly to beleive it.. I spoke with her on christmas, and she seemed so rushed... (she always feels bad for talking long, since it's long distance) and I tried not to rush her at all.. but that's how my grandmother is... was.... I appologise for such a depressing post.. I just need someone to talk to... I have succeded in getting my self plastered, though I'm out of Bud... It just doesn't feel real... I still think she's going to call me up and say everyone was just mistaken... how sad is that? I wish she would... I'm sorry, maybe I should talk about it anymore... I appologise for bringing anyone down if I did...
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother... It sounds like she was a really special lady, and you two shared a special bond. It sounds like she was REALLY there, when you needed her.

She probably felt like you are able to take care of yourself, but when ever you need her, she'll still be there. She is your guardian angel. I don't know why, but I feel like, your grandmother felt like she could help you more where she is now. And the way you can help keep her alive in your heart, is to do the things that would make her proud.

I sure hope you, and your family, can find some comfort in this time of hurt. With the bond you had, it will hurt a long time. But as time goes on, you'll start remembering all the good times you all shared. It will still hurt, and there will still be an emptiness, but it will get better.

I'm sending all the 'Good Karma' and 'Stonie Love' I can to you, and I hope things get better for you.
  3. I'm sorry for your lost.....I'll send lots of good karma your way.
  4. WaterLilly, I am so sorry for your loss. AmsterdamdreamN is right on with everything he said. She'll be watching over you and you'll feel her in your heart everyday. I'm sending some comforting ~karma~ to you and your family. It will take some time but you will get through this. Anytime you need to talk about it, please feel free to do so and never apologize for your grief; it's a natural thing that we all go through.
  5. I'm very sorry for your loss. Let a man tell you don't be afraid to cry--over and over again. My wife died 6 years ago and just a couple of days ago I suddenly cried again--and I had thought that was all past. I guess it's never all past.

Do not be ashamed of crying. It helps! Hang in there!

Grasscity Deals Near You