Sad day in the grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motoxer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. so as of today i pretty much have a garenteed no harvest, it was second week of flower and the thing just started to strech like crazy, nearing the cfl's i knew it was gonna be close but reason i dident do something about the lights right away was because they were strung to the top of my 4 foot 4 inch tall grow space and in order to get more upward clearance i need to take the shades off and all that shit, well i dident, i put it off cause i had to work the next day and dident feel like working on it. open the cover a day or 2 later and almost wanted to cry. she was pretty much wrapped around the center cfl all burnt, to no suprize. well today i just fucking cut it off about a foot down so it fits back in its box, i also cut a bunch of side leaves off just because they were starting to get bunched up in the space. then just threw it back in there....should i just up root the thing and throw it, because its under major stress now from the choping to the messed up light schedule because i just unpluged the grow box because i had to go to work. just gonna take this as a leason learned and be glad i dident burn the house down, could i just re use the soil or is it worth it to get new stuff for take 2, its ffof. guess i can only veg for 2 weeks in that space instead to 3, well now i know

2. sorry to hear about those troubles. I have often wondered how to keep a plant form stretching like yours did. It pays off to put in the work time to care for your plants.

Your plant is stressed all right with the sever topping you gave it. I would go ahead and water the plant and try to keep it alive, but would also start germinating new seeds and sprout them. Give the whole situation about 2 weeks and your old plant may or may not make it but you will have a new one ready to take it's place.

I would also re-use the FFOF. It would be good for the new sprouts because the nutes have been depleted which for sprouts is good. Of course you will have to use nutes as the new plant grows because the FFOF is depleted of it's original nutrients. That's the way I would do but I live 70 miles from the nearest gardening store etc.

3. Alright, I am germinating a lemon haze seed right now, when it's ready I'm just gonna pull the old out and put the new seedling even if the plant does make it it's not going to yield shit. I sucks be because the plant looked so damn good. And topping isn't really a option cause I am limited on horizontal room to.