Sacred geometry?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by budsmokn420, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Is sacred geometry considered scientific?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vybaO0bYM0U]‪Spirit Science 10 - Math of God‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This one may be a little more "out there" because of how they explain the beginning, but if you wish just ignore that and focus on the geometry part.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7GJ-8SY068]‪Spirit Science 6 - Flower of Life‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2. What ties this mathematics to spirituality?

3. Well the idea is that everything in physical existence all has a geometric pattern that originates from the flower of life which was supposedly create by "spirit"...but obviously most of you will ignore that and that's fine.

I suggest you watch the second video as well.

Also is there any explanation for why everything has a connection to geometric patterns?

Another cool vid I found...

Ron Eglash on African fractals | Video on TED.com

4. Hi Bud, sorry, me again. I'm very familiar with not only sacred geometry, but some of the people who created it as an idea and have tried to make it valid. I can honestly say that nothing said by the proponents of this regarding egyptian history (and the site at Abydos) is true.

What the movie neglects to say too is that before the days of set-squares and rulers, stone-masons used compass dividers to create geometric shapes, starting with a circle within which further circles are drawn. It's a quick and extremely accurate way of making anything from a square to a polygon with tens of sides. Claiming every depiction of a flower or circular pattern in history is an example of the FOL isn't going to work.

What's most interesting though is the character behind the lie of sacred geometry, the man who literally began the myth: Melchizedek, self-appointed head of the Grand Order of Melchizedek. Real name Bernie Peron. Formerly giving esoteric massages and spiritual advice from the room of a bed and breakfast just outside Gloucester. I live near him and I've followed the 'rise' of SG and the FOL very closely. He has the FOL and some aspects of SG copyrighted as his and gets very itchy about those writing about it without his consent.

He tried to float the SG idea for years, but it never really took off as there were so many holes in it. Now he has links with a number of woo-woo writers who help promote each other's theories. You'll find people like Micheal Tsarion - who re-wrote egyptian history in his books so he could claim that the 'ancients' were from another planet - and whole bunch of others, regurgitating the same SG ideas now.

Everything has connections to geometric shapes becase everything is made in geometric shapes. We don't like wonky tyres and desktops. That you can get all platonic solids into a circle isn't a surprise as they're uniform shapes that MUST fit inside a circle. There's nothing spooky about it.

BTW, do you know what 'merkaba' really means in egyptian? No, Bernie doesn't either.:) The words he's bringing together to create the term don't mean what he says. That in itself is a death toll for sacred geometry, because he said that the name, and the basics of SG/FOL, were channelled knowledge from the 'ancients' themselves. Isn't it a terrible thing when the ancient egyptians don't have a clue how to spell their own language?:)

It's all lies Bud, and as such should be in S+P.

MelT

While I remember, one of the reasons that the FOL has/had a thread in just about every forum going is because of an ex-member of GC, Andy Monk, who bombed tens of forums with the idea for a two year period. He made tens of posts and was asked hundreds of questions, but at no point answered any of them, or proved a word of what he said.

5. Interesting, I'll take all that into consideration.

What do you think about the Phi and the Fibonacci sequence? That seems to be a little unrelated to the rest of SG like the fol and all that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085KSyQVb-U]‪Golden Ratio in Human Body‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Phi and FS seem to be found in all of nature.

6. Phi, Pi, e, Pascal's Triangle, Fibonacci numbers, Golden rectangle, fractals etc.. all of these patterns can be found everywhere in life - but the confusion comes when people concur the notion that something we invented has these qualities.
    Mathematics is just something we discovered, and the notation we use is simple consequence. It transcends numbers and symbols, it is the make up of everything, and doesn't it make sense that patterns of everything would hold a symmetry rather than being completely random? This doesn't mean that the it has to be some divine intervention that caused this, or spiritual relation between it. It makes more sense, like in the video, that if things cannot technically grow from nothing (in the infinite sense) than they should follow a pattern from a singular point such as Fibonacci.

7. A thing to bear in mind about SG is its claim to show a perfect energy grid over the earth, with nodes at specific ancient sites or 'places of power'. Unfortunately many nodes fall on nothing at all. What the theory also avoids saying is that the shape of the grid can only be drawn onto the earth if it were a perfect sphere. The earth isn't by a considerable amount, thus the geoometry can't work.

The Golden Mean isn't anything spooky, but an artistic technique that grew out of exploiting the way our brain's work. Take a piece of paper and put it down before yourself in a portrait position. Now draw a circle about a third of the way down the right of the page, and two-thirds from the left of it. That point is the 'golden mean' (ie, the balnce point where the subject will look best at that orientation), the place we humans first look when scanning shapes for information. Having a shape at that point in the picture makes it pleasing.

Photographers/artists have known that it is one of the good points to put a subject for as long as weve been able to draw. There are others, but none of them related to anything paranormal, just perception.

The movie can't say that the human body shows the Golden Mean. The human body is made up of ratios, absolutely, they're all well-known.

The Fabonacci sequence (have you read about the Elliot wave?) is a real mathematical sequence, it's not spooky to have recurring sequences in numbers or in nature. Most things in nature, from lungs to the veins in leaves, have a branching form, starting out as one and dividing into two, the two dividing into four, etc. It's why many things are the shape they are and function the way they do. That doesn't make the math of 1 to 2 to 4 to 8 strange. Numbers can be made to say all kinds of things that they don't.

MelT

8. Well said Melt. The short answer to the question is no; there is nothing scientific about it really.

9. Yea totally. I don't think there's anything "spooky" about it lol I just find absolutely beautiful and fascinating!

10. #10 yurigadaisukida, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011

no, science requires a testable hypothesis.

Its only science if you can recreate your hypothesis under controlled conditions to prove that what your claiming is real, and not a coincidence, or caused by something else

edit: also, the reason some patterns seem so common, isnt because some designer made them, It is because those paterns are paterns that work. The reason life takes on geometric shapes is because life requires systems for functionality. It cannot live if it is random

11. I can see I am not needed here.

12. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

13. fractal geometry is somethin you might wanna look into ;)

14. This is for you Bud! ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQvz9bpYWzk]‪Boards of Canada Deep Sea‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

15. By that definition a lot of astrophysics is not science. And the vesica piscis was known prior to Melchizedek. I believe the ancient Greeks knew about it and utilized it some of their calculations. Even if ancient people weren't protecting the Flower of Life, it is still pretty amazing that upon completion of the pattern you can draw Metatron's cube which describes almost every structure in the universe. There's nothing supernatural about it; when calculations were tedious and lengthy I'm sure this pattern helped them find certain mathematical constants that could be used for architecture and astronomy. It is still pretty fascinating that such a wealth of knowledge can be derived from concentric circles arranged like this, regardless of whether it was created by "spirit".

16. #16 yurigadaisukida, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011

no astrophysic is a science.

there is just a point where we move from laws to theories, to hypothesises, but everything astrophysicysts believe they ahve actualt evidence to back it up

edit: here are some examples of testable sciences we use in the lab to confirm predictions and observations of astrophysics.

spectral analysis
    particle physics
    laws of gravity
    radioactive decay
    basic chemestry
    chemestry
    basic physics
    physics

you see most of the things we see in the sky we are indeed scientifically certain about. It not that we dont know what a star is, its just that we dont quite know the exact path of every star because we havnt discovered all the forces yet

17. #17 MelT, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
    Explain:)

Of course, but it in no way represented SG or anything that Melchizedek wrote, so it can't be considered as meaningful as regards to the FOL. And when you say 'known about', what you mean is that some early cults placed religious significance on two ciecles enmeshed in a particular way. It has no power, it's symbolic. The FOL and SG geometry are allegedly the opposite, they talk about nodes of evergy and power. If their proposed geometry, ie, a grid that can be overlaid perfectly over the world, is in no way accurate and can't be placed over our non-spherical earth then there's no basis for sacred geomtry at all. It's vital key,the energy map, can not exist.

A true but fairly meaningless myth that has grown out of nothing. Draw a circle. Every geometric shape in the universe will fit within it. Draw symmetrical shapes within it - or the 'platonic solids' - and they all fit perfectly within its range. Is that strange? No, of course not.

Now, look at the metatron, it has six nodes that you can easily use to create geomtric shapes. There are other similar shapes with more nodes that offer even more possibilities and will enclose more shapes. There is no given reason as to why it should mean anything, it's simply a shape. For no apparent reason the 6 node version of this is the Metatron.

The idea too of 'protecting' the flower of life and knowledge of it, it's all Melchizedek's fantasy. He invented and copyrighted it all, after he and his wife supposedly saw two 10 feet tall transparent angels (one green, one purple if I remember) during lesson 4 of a hindu meditation class. There was no ancient connection until he (Bernie Perona/Melchizedek) dreamed it up. The merkaba, all the rest of it, he invented.

This is Dan Washburn talking about him.

"..I could almost swallow that two angels appeared to him, one green and one purple, as I recall, but balked at believing that they gave > him the telephone numbers of a whole slew of contemporary > spiritual masters that he then went and studied with. Angels that give out phone numbers are few and far between.Perona also says that:

That dolphins are an advanced spiritual species that allow themselves > to be captured by us in acts of missionary self-sacrifice.

>the little gray saucer people are stealing our sexual fluids in order to perpetuate their race.

> That the earth power grid of sacred sites was finally completed in the late eighties?

> The next leap in human evolution is now taking place in China where children with remarkable psychic powers are > being born.

> We are the last generation that will need to > reincarnate, this new humanity being beyond all that.
    > Did you know that all your problems stemmed from ancient Atlantis, where they screwed around with machinery based on the sacred geometry of the Flower of Life and succeeded in crashing us from a higher level down to our current dismal plight in that dimensional sub-basement, the physical plane?

> We are the last generation that will need to reincarnate, this new humanity being beyond all that.

All of it he made up. Some based on earlier work, some entirely his own. None of it ancient.

I know you're not advocating any of what he claims, but the idea that the metatron is some ancient understanding, is Perona's invention.

MelT
    Sorry about the awful formatting.

18. Yes I am aware that astrophysics is a real science, I was more just poking fun at your definition. My point is that you can't prove things like the "expansion of space" in a controlled environment, or there being a singularity of all matter, or where mass comes from, or the existence of dark matter or dark energy. It is reported that "dark matter" makes up 90% of the universe, however we have never measured or created this. That is a pretty large portion of the universe to chalk up to an unknown, unseen variable.

And yeah I'm not really advocating for Sacred Geometry, I just find the Flower of Life pattern to be pretty intriguing. It's not that some of the symbols hold any supernatural meaning, but perhaps they were valuable when needing to find the correct constant for an equation. The ratio of the width of the vesica piscis to its height is the square root of 3, for example. This Perona guy sounds like a shady character though, I'll give you that.