S7evens NYC Diesel Grow #1 (pics!)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LuckyS7evens, Jun 2, 2009.

1. That's right my grow investment this month was a new digital TDS meter. All will pay off in the end trust me, I love new grow goodies.

2. Its like christmas, all year long lol

3. haha most definitely. Buying new toys for the girls is so much fun. Then when the box arrives in the mail (if shipped) and you rip it open like a present :D

4. EXACTLY lol, gotta love that!

5. Hell yeah! hopefully my next couple packages for my girls are another Secret Jardin DR80 with some T5s and a RO system. To bad no one gets me grow goodies for real Christmas, not even my woman. I beg and plea for new lights, TDS meters, CO2 accessories and she always tells me the same thing "What am I gonna tell my parents I bought you and what are you gonna open at their house?" then its followed by "You can buy your own grow shit, all I need is my parents finding out what you do" O well fuck it at least this way I know I am getting exactly what I want. At some point buying new goodies for the grow actually becomes a problem, I wanna spend so much cash all the time on them but then I got bills to pay... I love Marijauna to much:smoking::smoking::smoking:

6. #87 can-a-bliss, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
    Sweet grow, can't wait to see the NYC diesels bud. As far as this being an investment..... In the begining you have to accumulate alot of equipment, tools, seeds, etc. so it can be very costly and you may not get your money back until a couple of grows. However one should grow only to supply them selves and on ocassions friends and family with some fine quality bud to smoke, not grow for income.

Also if you're broke, you can find every day things around the house as well as on the street to build your grow. You'd be amazed how resourceful and willing to get the job done one can be in this hobby. You'll find yourself doing Mcguyver rigs out of everything to give life to your ladies.

7. #88 LuckyS7evens, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
    took ur advice and posted my log on there also! thanks for the heads up :cool:

Thanks for checking it out cana! I can say for sure i got a crash course in Mcguyver 101 setting these rooms up. I am a medical marijuana patient, and am within the legal amounts considered for my own medical use. I wouldnt chance more legal issues over myself running out of my medicine :) great advice canna!!

anyways homies time for the update!

Day 3 Update

Veg Room:

• 2 of the clones were crap from the club, there was not rooting going on in the cubes, look like they were recently cut. the two of them were on the verge of no return. my mistake, i decided to pull them, throw them together in 1 pot, put it on the corner of the veg room and hope for the best.
    • The rest look decent a a few look very nice. the clones in all were very very young and could have used a couple more days before transplant.
    • the pics attached show a couple I am worried about, and comments??
    Procedures:

• Misted All of them:epsom salts 1/2 tes. in a quart of water, w/ 1/4 tes.hydrogen peroxide
    • Fixted lighting: put all 3 tubes on top of plants and 2 cfls in between pots.

• Should i throw a hood on them? i need to ghetto rig one, could i possibly use suran wrap?

• What about fan use and temps? anyone recommend a high or low temp room. if a warmer enviorment is needed can i vent my ac units vent tube into the veg room to blow warm air inside to help w/ humidity? i was thinking if this is possible i would leave the closet 1/2 open to vent air out as well

Pic order: 1-2 not so healthy *help 3-4 nicer clones

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      101.7 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      72.6 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      92.9 KB
      Views:
  8. frustrating when they don't seem to wanna get goin. :( Hopefully they will get their asses in gear and get to growin.

9. Day 19 NYC Diesel update:

WOW these girls are looking Good!! the topping job seems to be coming along well, all 3plants have regen. and are showing new stem development.:hello: feed them yesterday, and added a little light warrior soil on top of all 3 pots to fill them up to a more adequate level. besides this nothing much to update with except for the pics!

will water tomorrow

Pic order:
    1-2 Plant A, Top.
    3-4 Plant B, Top.
    5-6 Plant C, Top.

Attached Files:

10. You should be able to use saran wrap, or anything that is not porous and will keep the humidity and temperature up. Let the roots build up a little before placing a fan directly on them, otherwise the plant requires more nutrition to compensate for the added stress on its stem and the roots won't be able to support that need just yet. Ideally, the most efficient temp is around 75-80f. Also, I haven't read this entire thread yet, but make sure they are getting at least 8 hours of darkness each night right now. That's when the magic happens ;)
    Peace
    DM

11. gave the little sisters about 12 hours of sleep after a full 3 days of light...
    misted after lights on

as for the nyd:
    growth of plant A is crazy compared to the other two, B is a closer second while C is about 1/2-1/3 as high

12. I wouldn't give em a dark period that long. Even after that much light they could get stressed and end up hermied. 8 hrs a day of darkness is as much as plants should get when in vegetative stage. :) GL

13. 3 or so of the clones have no roots at all. what would you recommend as far as light then? anything that would help start some rooting?

14. anywhere from 16 hrs on, 8 off to on 24/7. Clones don;t need as much light as rooted plants in general just cuz they are trying to root not photosynthesize like crazy. I really hope your clones get to work rooting. You think of starting some seeds just in case you lose a couple clones?

15. yeah, i already pulled 2 :( but the i was thinking about pulling a clone or two from the nycd just in case

16. pic update commin soon

17. Day 20 NYC Diesel

they are now day 20, one more day untill the end of week 3 and onto week 4 of veg, I will wait to flower untill a little over 1 foot high, as of now plant A is sitting at 8 inches
    pic order:

Plant A
    Plant B
    Plant C

No watering or activity today guys, just lettin em chill. will water tomorrow.

keep u guys updated step by step, thanks for the feedback so far guys!

Attached Files:

18. NYCD Day 25 Veg

Status Update:
    All three girls continue to grow and produce good color and new sets. Noticing most development horizontally rather than vertically for the other two plants, where as Plant A was the Yao Ming in there little village I guess [​IMG]

Procedure's Preformed:

• Because of unequal height among the plants, and feedback from you guys, I placed a white-colored metal drawer in side the room and placed both Plant B and C on top. Now all 3 plants are at a good height.
    • Adjusted the CFL'S and HPS accordingly to get as much light as possible equally on the plants
    • Trimmed One large fan leaf of of plant A. (it felt so wrong[​IMG]) So new budding leafs had better light.
    WATERING

Watered all three today, Plant A was parched. gave plant B and C more of my feed solution (a.) and followed with plain water for all three. total amount of liq. given to plants:
    plant A: 1.2gallons

Plant B: .75 gallons

Plant C: .75 gallons

(a.) FEED Solution:
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Base: 1.3 gal. water [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]1/4 Tes. Super-Thrive
    3 1/2 Tes. Grow Big
    2 Tbl. Big Bloom
    1 1/4 Tbl.. Wetting Agent[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]PH Balanced to 6.5
    [COLOR=Black]
    Thats about it for the day guys. gave them a mist in the AM and once more tonight. keeping the room at 79.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]PIC ORDER
    Plant A
    Plant B
    Plant C
    New room adjustments [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Attached Files:

19. plant A is gonna have a nice secondary cola! BONUS!! looking good.:D