S7evens NYC Diesel Grow #1 (pics!)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LuckyS7evens, Jun 2, 2009.

1. either way...I been using my HPS from day 1...never even had CFL...now i have a T5 I gonna vegg with! i wanna see the side by side differences! will post pix when i do this!

first i need to get 2 clones that are almost identical!!! i will do my best!:D

2. sounds good myles :) thanks for the reply, i added the hps once the clones started to show some new leafs after the 1st week after transplant. sounds good?

3. as long as they aren't too close then they should enjoy it. a 150 watter prob isnt anywhere near as hot as my 400 watter was though so should be fine :)

4. great reference Yoman! MUCH APPRECIATED :D

5. that helped me a ton! got it from this site~!!

Welcome at seed4weed.com

really informative site!

6. ok guys sorry for being so damn lazy, I'm going to Las Vegas with some friends tomorrow, so the girl will be watching over the plants while I'm gone :eek: I'm sure she could hack it though
    now for the update!

Day 10

The girls are looking great, noticed increased growth and gave them 1/2 rec. feed, of both fox farms big bloom; and grow big. Along with 1/4 tes. of hydrogen peroxide into 1 1/2 gal. of distiled water. the plants where thirsty! misted them after with 1/2 tes. big bloom (bat guano and all the good-stuff) and 1/4 hydrogen peroxide into 1 litre of seltzer water. room is staying constant in the 73 degree range.

I attached some pics to show progress, id love some feedback as always!:)

here's some pics:

Attached Files:

7. so glad to see em pushin out lush new growth. Have a great time in Vegas. You may want to stay home, I hear its a real dull place :rolleyes::p Ill catch ya later :wave:

8. great to see them perky and green!!! good job bro!

just so you know the hydrogen peroxide is only for the roots! not for the spray to leaves, that is the seltzer water for the spray

9. Not trying to question ur amazingness yoman lol, but i purchased a book "Marijuana New School" 2009, and in all of their Foilar feeding recipes have h2o2 in it. they state that

"h2o2 is a colorless liquid that adds valuable oxygen so that nutrient uptake is more effective and anaerobic bacteria and viruses are eliminated. plants definitly grow bigger with the use of h2o2 but it can be eliminated from these recipies if desired...."

I know h2o2 is beneficial for the roots, as i incorporate this into my feed, but after reading this, i added it to my seltzer water, and have noticed improvements no neg. effects yet.

so Yoman, is there anything neg. that could occur w/ foilar feeding w/ h2o2? i.e. yellow leaves, nut. burn?

So it looks like vegas is a no go, the birthday boy come down with some gnarley hoof and mouth or something, what a drag:(. oh well at least I can keep you guys updated now!

DAY 11

girls are looking good, still early on in the day so ill take some pics later tonight before lights out to show you guys whats up.

all 3 seem to be a great color, and after the past 2 days have noticed branch and leaf development multiplying rapidly.

Q:
    what are everyone's thoughts on: pruning/bending/thinning/topping/lst

with the pics of the most recent day (day 10), and my growing environment (closet, cfl, hps) what can i start to do. and as it being my first grow, I'm looking for something that is less drastic, and stressful on the plant, and something relatively easy to do for a beginner. has anyone had good experiences w/ one form, while not so good of a time with another?

Yoman, GG, Myles along with all others contributing, and helping my unlucky ass, thank you guys so much for your kindess and help; without your help I would be broke, with a lot of extra lighting for FiFa09 night.:hello:

New pics/ Along with day 11 update later tonight. ill be on here responding to you guys throughout the day. hope to here from you!

10. yo dude, I find topping and LSt to work very well. I top em once they are about 6-10 inches tall then top it so side branches bush out. Then I use the LST to pull each branch horizontally to increase the tops and yield. :)

Too bad bout Vegas, get that dude better and take the trip another time. The place aint goin anywhere anytime soon. :D

11. i dont see anything negative that would happen no...and if you get good results then keep doing it! i was just going off the article i read...i may try it when foliar feeding as well as i did read it has an exta atom that is easily taken up by plants!

and go with what myles said on LSt...that does seem to be the best way i have seen so far!

12. Yo man! I agree with Myles for a beginner LSTing and topping together work excellent! I personally have grown out of LST and I am going to be trying a technique called Super Cropping this round with additional topping. Super Cropping may be what your reefering(haha funny sorry I just toked a fat bowl of Super Silver Haze) bending. It is the attentional bending and snapping of stemps to cause the stem to grow outwards and then up to maximize the light each branch recieves. I tried it on a couple of my plants that are currently in flowering and I believe that this technique suits me a little bit better then LST. LST is a pain in the ass in my grow space and make me have difficulties watering, after all my veg box is a dressor. I really reccomend you experiment with LSTing + Topping first though, its easy and effective. :smoke:

13. Day 11

so i went on an adventure to my local hydro store today
    after some research i purchased:

Wet-betty's wetting product (helps adsorption of nutes used w/ foliar and feed)
    Super Thrive (b-12 vita/hormone supplement) used w/ feed
    some PH up and PH down along w/ PH testers

today is feeding day:

FEED

1 1/4 Gal. distilled water

1 1/4 tablespoon of Fox Farms Big Bloom
    1/4 tes. of Fox Farm Grow Big
    1/4 tes. Super-Thrive
    1 tablespoon Wetting agent
    1/2 of 1/4 tes. h2o2

FOILAR MIX

1 Liter distilled water
    1/4 tes. wetting agent
    1 1/4 tes. Big Bloom

feed and sprayed heres some pics!

thanks for the ideas on topping and lst, i will be trying this!
    any good links to guides i have fond some but i didnt like them

Attached Files:

14. ok guys with your input, i have decided to top (not sure how many, what do you guys recommend, all 3?) and eventually lst 1 plant. looking at the day 11 pics (ill take some more today and update) can i top these babbies now ( i was thinking of the larger 2 ones) or should I wait for another leaf set or two? thoughts??

15. keep postic pics man, im interested in seeing how this NYCD comes out

16. How about this! You strictly LST 1, strictly top 1 and then the last do a combination of both. Id start topping and LSTing around the 3rd node.

17. Imo dont top or fim until the plants are showing explosive and vigorous growth

what soil are those in? remember to let the soil dry out before water. the soils top should be bone dry/ dusty with only a little moisture 2-3 inches down before rewatering. Roots dont expand and grow or receive 02 as much if they are constantly wet/ damp.

Also I think its still early to be feeding ANY type of nutes. As someone said, FF has all you need,,,, for pretty much an entire grow.... so for now.... to help boost root development id recommend plain water,,, maybe really light superthrive.

especially since ive heard NYCD is pretty finiky as far as nutes go

Just think biologically what the plant wants and needs and use your instincts and youll be good...

18. #58 LuckyS7evens, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009

Thanks for your feedback Deep, Ive noticed I'm guilty of a regular first timer as far as over feeding, i get to caught up in it! I have currently noticed a large improvement at the beginning of the 3rd week in growth, compared to the first two. Ill slow down on both watering and feed for now, stick to every other watering, at very diluted rates.

Sounds like a great idea! Ive actually topped the largest of the 3, after the 3rd node (ill attach pics of them w/ as best quality as possible with m y iphone :( ), and now I'm thinking of either doing nothing to the smaller and less leafy one, or just LST (not to stunt growth, ie topping, small amount of recoup. time), in order for the plant to grow at a consistent pace as the larger two. what do u think about that?

Thanks Nolan, hope to hear from you soon :)

:smoke: Day 12 :smoke:

Shop-a-holic:

decided to go on a shopping-spree today...
    returned 2 not-so-bright 40w (2700k) CFL's along with
    my crappy 20w flour. tube, back to Lowe's they go for a bonus; quick 30 bucks.

Purchases:
    For some reason Lowe's had a 68 w CFL (2700 k) in stock, which was a rarity:hello: I took advantage and threw down 20 bucks on this huge ass fool, I snagged the last one.

I also picked up the biggest daylight cfls they had:
    2x 50w daylight CFL's

also after some strolling around, I grabbed a
    indoor plant hand mister
    , along with a bag of

organic blood meal (12-0-0)
    in hopes to give the plants a little boost in N, and help development

Lighting Update:
    Because of the new lights, I'm going to do a refresh on lumen output and compare it to my grow space:

Lumen output:
    Hardware:

• x3 50w day CFL's (3000 Lumens ea.)
    3x3000= 9000 L

• x4 40w 27k CFL's (2600 Lumens ea.)
    3x2600= 7800 L + 9000 L = 16,800 Lumens

• x1 68w 27k CFL (4200 Lumens)
    4200L + 16800L= 21000 Lumens

• x1 150w HPS (16000 Lumens)
    21000L + 16000L =
    37000 Lumens Total Output

Quoted from Greg Greens: Cannibus Grow Bible 4th ed. (Lumens+marijuana)
    "You do not want to go less than 2500 Lumens, even for one
    plant. You want to get the best so you need to hit the 45000 mark or
    more. In general one light that casts 45000 lumens is enough to cover
    a workspace of about 3 feet by 3 feet. This is quite an average space
    and you will probably get anything between 6 - 9 plants in that area.
    Again we must keep in mind the strain that we are growing."
    -Greg Green

• My Grow Room is aprox. 2x3x4.5 feet, **height varies accordingly for plant height, as of now *height in the room according to light is about 2.5-3 feet.

• A little low according to Green's philosophy, but with the smaller detentions, i think i should be ok.

Log of Procedures:

Two things to talk about today,

1st Attempt at Topping

I decided to attempt topping for the first time today. I will eventually lst another plant, and possibly do a combo of lst/topping on the last.

• I picked the largest of the bunch, clipped in between the 3rd node at those new leaf sets, hit them at about 3/4 of the way down with my pruners. noticed the stringy-like new sets split a tiny bit at the end of the night.

Here's a pic of the damage:
    [​IMG]

**Comments on my procedure, or preference? did i do it right, or did i just create the new F*** I Missed technique
    :p

As for the Blood Meal
    Went 1/2 of recommended application (which was 1 full tablespoon on top soil per 1 square foot.) did the math *Im using 3 gal pots, ended up with 1.75 square feet of soil per pot, so I added

• 1 1/2 Teaspoons to the top soil, then worked it in with my hands into top 2-3 inches of soil. Finished with a light watering.
    ***I will also check my soil PH/N/P/K tomorrow and post the results, i did a quick check today everything looked good, noticed slightly low levels of N/K which brought me to the conclusion of using blood meal

Other Logged Events:

• regular misting 2ce today.

:D That's it for now Guys, I'll leave you with the updated pics for the night. hope to hear from you all!

Attached Files:

19. The new miss technique haha I can't really tell with the pictures but I think you got it. It's kinda had to mess up:smoke:

20. haha yeah, sorry for the quility, try and fix that today with some better pics, i actually ended up topping that plant after the second node only, i was realllllllly baked last night , and thought it was afer the 3rd.