S7evens NYC Diesel Grow #1 (pics!)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LuckyS7evens, Jun 2, 2009.

1. #21 LuckyS7evens, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
    oh man thats no good at all! My local shop is amazing, great selection. Thanks again gg, ill be sure to check out some journals, give some input (little that i have :)), or props. i have always checked to make sure there is no runnoff standing in my dishes but i have noticed how easy it is to forget to check, ill make note to be sure to do so. just got back from the club with some: lemon kush, really really strong sour diesiel, and some blue dream. in wish i could post some pics, but my iphone sucks at showing detail.:mad:
    anyways, i think ill smoke this 2g joint they gave me (mix of (og, master, bling) Kush) free, for being a new patient! and then take those pics of the babies!

2. sounds awesome, i wish i could just roll up to a club and pick up some delicious strains!
    you def. need to put some pics of those baby girls up i am stoked to watch the little girls grow into fine ladies hahaha i will definitely be watching this and best of luck to you bro!

3. well I will keep an eye on things too! looks like you had a serious nute prob, or lights were burning them...hope all is well now! what are the temps running in the room?

i also would take off the plastic bottles unless you have very low humidity in there. Clones are the only ones that need a humidity dome really, and even then you dont HAVE to use one..I'm not and they look just fine...

I think once you get everything dialed in, you will see alot better growth... make sure your temps are good, make sure you have enough light! which it seems you do right now and make sure to get them some FRESH AIR!!!

throw some more pix up soon so we can see what they are lookin like now...I hope the burn is gone and they can focus on growing and not healing. Keep us updated bro! good job so far!

4. I like how you handled the problem of noise in your room! Make her sleep on the couch! Perfect! :D

You had me rolling with that one!

Question: You have an a/c in the closet or an a/c in the window with a hose to the closet?

Lastly, you are one lucky b S7evens! Even the so-called "dro" around here sucks at $20 a gram! And the standard weed is doo-doo! What I have found through growing though, is that the weed we get sucks because the people growing it are in it for the money and probably cut corners where ever they can. I know this because I just grew some REALLY good weed from some just okay bag seed!

5. have found out the same damn thing...the grower around here dont CURE the buds 90% of the time!! just get some closet dried smoke that doesn't go down too smooth, but yes it gets you very stoned! as well as not flushing for 2 or more weeks! they let the buds over ripen to add more weight but that takes away from the energetic high we seem to like! or I seem to like..didnt mean to speak for anyone... I am very dissapointed with the growers around here as i have been learning alot from here and knowing is half the battle!

6. hahahahaha guys i know, the girl is warming up to it :) but some times i gotta put her in her place lol.

im sooooo upset im writing this for the second time because my stony ass shut down my comp, i had like in depth responses and what not lol oh well ill do it again

DOC, Sky, Yoman thanks for your responses!!!!:hello::hello:
    ill attach the ac unit pic i have it shows only the front, and i also have a pics of the vents, the pic shows it vents into another room, but i moved this and now it vents outside my room. the mylar cover works great for lighting the corners of the outside part of the closet, just doubled the mylar up and taped it together, with strips on one side so i can remove it

i kept the bottles on because the room was super dry, the ac works well, not putting to much wind on the sisters, but they definitely get enough air flow! as for giving the room some more humidity, what can i do? add a bowl of water??

as for misting, what do u guys recommend, i noticed a huge improvement w the yellowing leaves by misting with a 1/2 of a 1/4 tes. of hydrogen peroxide 3% per 1 liter of water, once a day.
    along with 1/4 tes. of hydrogen peroxide per liter of water, while watering.

noticed a great change in color, and growth!

thanks again for the questions guys, its cool that i have some homies lookin out, in a way you guys are taking part in the plants life, so i guess you too are some sort of relative, anywhere from weird uncle to the cousin that just got out of jail, you guys can take ur pick hahh:p

Also if anyone wants specific pics let me know, i can make it happen

now for the update!

Update Day 5
    Noticing a huge improvement in growth/color just from last evening. I will now remove the bottles, keep room temp at 73-74 for warm for roots/ cool for early trans.
    misting 1ce daily, watering when needed, with above mentioned solution, holding off on feeding for now (ill take your wise advice gg :wave:) and keep on keeping on.

Now for the pics:
    pre-teen NYC Diesel Sisters :smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are the pics of the ac/vent/light control system i ghetto rigged

#1 the front of the ac unit/ ghetto reflector @ bottom removed and replaced w/ mylar.
    [​IMG]

and this is the outside of closest, mylar and purple duct tape gave it the name
    THE PURPLE ROOM (the tube now vents outside the room, rather than into another disconnected closet.
    i now also have a fan inside the bedroom to circulate fresh air into the grow room.
    [​IMG]

ok guys that all i got for now! hit me up and ill respond asap, got work tonight but ill be on later!

Attached Files:

7. oh and a couple quick questions/ comments

Q its only day 5 but i was wondering when i should light up my 150 sodium? after the roots take i hear is a good time, but what about for you guys?

I highly suggest EVERYONE WHO CAN get a card! it makes everything perfectly legal, a few weeks ago i got my recommendation for cannibus after a short session with a doc in santa anna. anyways a good story to tell:
    THE FIRST NIGHT i get my recommendation, making everything legal, my house is boxed, my plants growing w/ lights and ac on, 2 Orange county sherrifs arrive at my door.
    they came for my girl (what else is new) i guess she whent crazy and tried to runover a angry asian lady, no injuries reported dont worry, but my girl does have a temper, she gets jelous easily and i spend far to much time with my mistresses from NY :) haha back to the story.
    the knock, say it reeks of buds, i ask them to please step inside, i hand them my fresh recommendation sitting on the entrence way conter along with some twisted sister, 949 kush, and sour D a few bongs also lay over there as well.....
    they take one look and shut their dirty mouths.

:) story of a lifetime, i finally felt as thought i had beat the system!

on top of that, when u come to a co-op for ur first time, they offer specials, like today i went to a new club for the first time, because i came in they gave me a 2g joint w/ 4 or 5 kinds of dannnnnk kush!

8. That is a great story! I know the feeling you refer to of "winning" I got let off once about 5 years go. I was walked up to the gas station to get a drink and on the way I toked a bowl. I got my stuff from the station and was destroying my snack and drink as I walked back home and all of a sudden the cops roll up on me and turn their lights on. They immediately start searching me and find my pipe and some cash I had left from the gas station. They take my pipe and pat me down once again and found the same cash that they just put in my pocket. Before they pull it out again they slapped me and said "WHATS THAT!!!" like he did not know he just put the cash back in my pocket. The cop actually like grab up on my balls to and told me "I am not shy!". After he did not find anything else he instructed me to sit on the curb and I did. Shortly later he yelled "Hey stoney! Beat your feet!" and threw my pipe at me in a aggressive way. I took my pipe and ran.

9. well as for the a/c being a dehumidifier I already know and my solution was to close my room door instead of leaving it open...i am stickin around 50-55% right now which is decent! You can also set of rubbermaid tub of water in there too to get some evap going!

as for the peroxide..it's for the ROOTS not the leaves...the roots need the O2 and the leaves need the CO2..so it would be going on/into the soil or growing medium, and you would use a seltzer water for spraying the leaves for the CO2 or a CO2 system...if you use club soda it has a ton more sodium in it! so you will need to rinse you girls maybe very other spraying or two... I am still reading into home remedies for CO2 and O2 supplements...As my room the fans do not turn off so me getting CO2 is pointless as i will just be venting it right back out before it's used! but i can still get fresh air to them with CO2 in it and give the roots O2.

hope this shines a lil light on things and bring up more questions to find answers to!

10. hey guys quick update for day 6
    2 plants have been growing well while the last plant has seen improvements, just not as well as the other two. going into work now, ill add some pics tonight if possible!
    i think they are starting to show sex

11. I hope they are showing sex because they are clones. All of my clones show that they are female due to maturity. Ether way sweet dude!

12. ok guys so sorry for not updating the past two days, a lot went down....

yesterday i decided to set up my 150w hps. in the process i broke a 50w daylight :mad: now i only have 1 50w daylight in use while vegging.. i have 7 cfls (6 40w 2700k and 1 50w daylight) and my 150w hps runnning while veg.... what are you guyses comments on this? i know the red light 2700k/my hps emit are intended for flowering but im not sure if i can successfully get away with this as a veg setup. what are YOUR thoughts?

Day 7 Update
    Plant growth continues at faster pace. i Fed the girls: 1/4 of recommended big bloom (following
    their feeding chart) per gal of water, w/ 1/4 tes. hydro peroxide (3%) per gal on day 5, along with a mist after lights came on w/ seltzer water.

no watering on day 6, and noticed some burning of the tips of one plant, pos. nut burn. so watered w/ plain distilled water on today (day7), along with a mist (same as above) shortly after lights went on.

Issue:
    this morning the she devil blew the fuse straigtening her hair. turned into a huge fight because it was my fault, so i told her she sucks all the happiness out of my life, like some sort of bitch-vampire. we made up shortly after, fixed the fuse issue, it was down for about 2 hours about 4 hrs after lights went on :mad::mad:, re routed my plugs so this wont happen again.

Pics:

some new ones w/ the hps setup, would this not be a great idea a week after transplanting?
    (150w hps)
    [​IMG]

Now all three girls, sorry for bad quality, ill fix this next time.

this one was the one w/ burnt tips:

[​IMG]

this one seems to be lagging behind the others? still showing improvement, i have switched all the pots positions. any comments??
    [​IMG]

this last one is doing fine, however the leaves seem to droop a little, and curl slightly on the sides.

[​IMG]

Alight guys that's all I got for now, Id love some feedback on anything so far :)

Attached Files:

13. What's the temp like at plant level?

14. my very same questions as well!!! they seem to be getting burned pretty bad! either by heat from lights or chemicals... should have nice lush green growth..

15. thanks for the feedback guys :) plant level temp is at 78-79 has been a little higher, I moved the lights up higher, so there about 4 inches away 8 inches for the hps lamp.

do u guys think this will work?

16. ahhhh move that HPS like 15-20 inches from tops at minimum and is it an aircooled hood?..keep the CFL like 2 inches...HPS is a serious heater! almost no matter what size! I have 1000W HPS and had to buy a 5200 btu a/c for the room, just due to the light!

your temps are fine but do you have the temp gauge right near the plants or just in the room somewhere? I have mine where it reads what the plants would be feeling, so you have a more accuate reading! and can adjust as needed...

move the HPS farther and give it a few days! lets go from there

17. :hello: sounds like a plan Yoman! Ill move the hps up for sure, its not air cooled, but Im noticing with the hps, the room temp is harder and takes longer to cool. im also running a higher btu a/c hopfully this will work!!!

should i continue misting the plants, or could this harm them?

18. #38 YoManItsMe, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009

great!!! the a/c made the world of difference for me..i was using my home a/c at first but that didnt work! so i went and got the window unit!

as for spraying them PLEASE DO! i would even use seltzer water NOT CLUB SODA as it has way too much sodium!!! seltzer water will give the foliage CO2!!! which is much needed!!! then if you want to take a step further use a H2O2(hydrogen peroxide) mixed with yuor water when you water them!!! this will give O2 to the roots!!! i will see if i can find the dilution ratios!

found em!!!

O2 to the roots is a big concern, since the plant requires this for nutrients to be available, and to rid itself of toxins, etc. One of the easiest things to do is use food grade hydrogen peroxide in the water to increase the availability of oxygen in the water. H2O2 has an extra oxygen atom that will easily break away and can be used by the plant. Oxygen Plus is a plant food that contains 25% hydrogen peroxide and is perfect for this use.

Using a planting medium that allows for plenty of aeration is also really important. Be sure you have good drainage by using Perlite, sand, or gravel in your mix and at the bottom of pots. Don’t use a medium that holds too much water, or you may significantly reduce the oxygen available to the plant. More on that in the section on hydroponics.

Aerating the water before watering is also a good idea. In the case of soil potted plants, use an airpump to aerate the water overnight before watering your plants, or put the water in a container with a cap and shake it up real good before giving to the plants.

here is CO2

Try sodium bicarbonate mixed with vinegar, 1 tsp: ~30cc- this will gush up all frothy as it releases CO2. do it just before you close the door on your plants. A MUCH cheaper way to provide CO2 is 2 Oz sugar in 2 liters of water in a bottle [sterilized 1st with bleach and water, then rinsed], plus a few cc urine[!] or if you insist, yeast nutrient from a home brewing supplier. Add a brewing yeast, shake up and keep at 25 deg celsius[~70 F] . Over next 2 weeks or so it will brew up about ½ Oz CO2 for every Oz sugar used. Keep a few going at once, starting a new one every 3 days or so. With added CO2 growth is phenomenal!!! I personally measured 38cm growth in 8 days under a 250watt HPS bulb[tubular clear, Horizontal mount].

A good container is a 1 gallon plastic milk jug, with a pin-hole in the cap. Also, the air-lock from a piece of clear tube running into a jar filled with water will keep microbes out and demonstrate the fermentation is working.

A variation is to spray seltzer water on the plants twice a day. This is not recommended by some authorities, and receives great raves by people who seem to feel it has enhanced their crop. It stands to reason this would work for only a small unvented closet, but may be right for some situations. It could get expensive with a lot of plants to spray. Use seltzer, not club soda, since it contains less sodium that could clog the plants stomata. Wash your plants with straight water after 2 or 3 seltzer sprays. It’s a lot of work, and you can’t automate it, but maybe that’s good! Remember, being with the plants is a beautiful experience, and brings you closer to your spiritual self and the earth. Seltzer is available at most grocery stores (I get it at Lucky’s @ .79 for a 2 litter bottle). Club soda will work if seltzer water is not available; but it has twice as much sodium in it. A very diluted solution of Miracle Grow can be sprayed on the plant at the same time. One factor of using selzter water is it raises humidity levels. Make sure your venting humidity during the dark cycle, or you could risk fungus and increased internode length.

19. #39 LuckyS7evens, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    perfect! i took ur advice and got seltzer water a couple days ago and have been misting them once a day with that. and even more amazing is that i added 1/4 tes. of hydro perox. 3% to 1 liter of seltzer right after i purchased it! Thanks again for the tip

20. Hey man, just stoppin in to read up on the grow. The plants looked tough in the pics. Were they rooted clones? Its surprising that they haven't grown much. Im glad to hear you say two of em are picking up pace. :) I'd add the HPS once its thrown out a few new leaf sets so it has more leafage to obsorb the HPS light. :D