Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

S2774-2011 Medical Marijuana in New York State

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GrifsPiffs, May 2, 2011.

1. #1 GrifsPiffs, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
    Link 1 - S2774-2011 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Legalizes the possession, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, transport or administration of marihuana by a certified patient or designated caregiver - New York State Senate

Link 2 - New York

Link 3 - http://assembly.state.ny.us/comm/?sec=mem&id=19

A February 2010 Quinnipiac Poll found that 71% of all New Yorkers believe it’s a good idea to allow adults to legally use doctor-prescribed medical marijuana.
    There is reason for hope!

My fellow New Yorkers, our state truly needs the passage of this bill. How many of you know someone that would be far better off getting a cannabis treatment for their ailment than whatever prescription drug they are getting now? Whether it's a relative or a distant acquaintance, the passage of this bill will benefit our communities and do good for everyone.

There is not nearly enough coverage on this bill. Very few people even know that this bill exists. I cannot believe that after so many consecutive years of medical marijuana failing to pass after being put up on a Senate Bill, that so few people are doing their share to help spread the knowledge and awareness of what could be a very possible future for New York.

Recently Introduced by Senate Health Committee Chair Tom Duane (D) and referred to Health Committee (Feb. 1, 2011), S2774 has been passed twice by the State Assembly, but was never brought to a vote in the Senate. Above is a link to a list of all the Health Committee members. Everyone should start e-mailing them to urge them to get the Senate to start making moves, particularly passing the bill.

Please, take the time to get the message around to your friends/family/coworkers and to the rest of the public. E-mail your hometown Senator to urge him/her to change the existing laws on prohibiting people from receiving medical marijuana.

New York, if we just get our act together we can have medical marijuana access in our state this year! Let's give the sick and needy the compassion and justice they deserve. Please refer to the links on top.

2. #2 Mister Meaner, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
    I posted some on this a while ago (and sent some letters off...). Bill was in the health committee. Where is it now?

Edit: I guess it is out of committee. Also glad to see they posted my comment on it.

3. 10 States with Pending Legislation to Legalize Medical Marijuana - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Under "History (Last Action Date)," it says

Introduced by Senate Health Committee Chair Tom Duane (D) and referred to Health Committee (Feb. 1, 2011)

Guess it's still in the Health Committee... I have no idea what might be happening next

4. I'm posting a link in the first post to the list of NY Health Committee members. It would be a good idea to write to them to urge for the senate to pass a vote on it.

5. Good idea. This bill has so little notice, the 2nd link that came up when I googled it was my post here from apr. 21. (With 0 comments LOL).
    Write a letter to the local newspapers too. Many citizens don't read them, but legislators do.

6. #6 GrifsPiffs, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    See, that's what I meant. Few people are even aware of it's existence...

7. Come on New York!

8. would be the tits

9. #9 kryptiq, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Bumpski so people see this and cause I'm going to start writing away.

The committee cannot sit on this forever, it needs to get moving. Going to be hard pressed to find a republican to support it in the Senate... If anyone has any ideas as to someone who might be even slightly open to the idea of supporting it post the mailing addy in here so we can all contact them.

10. Sorry for not replying earlier. I'm gonna look into the backgrounds of some reps in the Senate. You should help me out man. But everyone should make an effort to propagate this bill. Maybe we'll get a petition eventually, or something else that can help make this bill a reality.