S&P TD-100 (or 100x)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Goosey, May 18, 2012.

1. Hey all,

After searching around for quite some time, I have yet to find a good answer to my question. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this fan, and more importantly, which filter did you pair up with it. I'm aware that this fan is a silent, mix-flow design which is perfect for my application. Specifically, I'm wondering if a 180CFM filter is rated too high for this fan. Here is the filter:

Amazon.com: Gro1 Standard Carbon Air Filter 4"x8": Patio, Lawn & Garden

The fan is rated at 130CFM max. I know that this will drop dramatically once the filter is attached, but I only have 6 sq ft to exhaust, so there is some room for static pressure loss.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. #2 TinTizzy, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    Yea that will work it's fine to have the filter higher than the fan because it will just pull slower and clean the air better..make sure to have minimal bends in ducting to improve airflow which will make the filter work better...oh just looked at the fan and not sure how well that will work..If its an actual inline and not a booster it should be fine

3. Thanks TinTizzy, it is indeed a mixflow inline fan, not a booster fan. I've done a shit ton of research on this and I don't want to screw up this tiny yet very important element of the design. I've read that it's usually ok for the CFM rating of the filter to exceed the fan, but a 50CFM difference seemed like it could be excessive.