S&P census

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Parable, Mar 16, 2011.

1. I'm interested in what the general inhabitants of S&P do to better themselves as a human being and also, as a whole. This is a particularly simple and easy question because there is no wrong answer. I'd like a few people to go first before I give my 2¢'s.

:smoke:

2. I just do what I do.

3. What's doing in the do? :D

4. Dammit. Such a hard question to answer. My mind is a damn maze.

5. in every situation of life, through your entire self into it

life will mold your being in its own perfect and natural rythm

6. I wonder if there's a piece of 'cheese' at the destination.
    :smoke:

I dig it. :)

7. I strive to do good, try to avoid doing bad and pray I know the difference.

8. I keep my head up. I'm friends with people I like, give my love to the girl i'm with, and always try to put my family first.

Everyday is beautiful, and i'm happy living it. :smoke:

9. Help everyone you possibly can. I try to help people before they have a chance to ask me to help them. The law of attraction really works. Be nice, do good things, spread love, and be centered and happy and things will always work out in your favor.

10. I live in the present moment, I love everything and everybody, and I go with the flow of the current of life, always accepting and never resisting what comes to pass.

As far as actual practices most of mine revolve around different types of meditations, along with reading and a few other practices that I don't really know how to categorize or describe in any kind of short summary.

I try my best to turn my whole life into a big meditation or yoga. I find that when I do this I become filled with love as a natural side effect.

11. #11 Postal Blowfish, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
    I believe I should improve myself until I reach the point where the best method of improvement is improving my community. Then I should improve my community until the best method of improving it is to improve the state. I think you should see where this is going.

I'm having trouble with the specifics. I improve myself by taking on my anxieties and improving until the rational reasons for them disappear. I improve the community by participating in it actively, helping out where and when I can find opportunities... this is usually basic labor like helping people carry stuff or accomplish some difficult task they're up to in their yard or on their house. They seem happy to see me for no reason, so I guess I figure they ought to have a reason.

12. I live vicariously through this quote: