S.M.P. Save My Plant!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LilDize, Jun 2, 2011.

1. #1 LilDize, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
    so all week my girl has been looking great! today i checked on her and a lot of her leaves have begun curling down, up and on the sides (i will admit that yesterday it got up into the 100s!!!) but most un-nerving is that her leaves have started turning a real dark shade and spreading out (i dont feel is caused by the heat wave). the leaves have begun changing a darker shade of more and more moving outwards on the leaves. these dark shades form as sploches or a sort of stain looking. its very strange and is obviously killing every leaf it infects. today alone i have watched it slowly getting worse. shes week 4 and 2 days into flowering....does the plant begin this cannabolic process this early (i have heard the plant will use nutrients from the leaves to focus growing flowers.)? i can post pics but it wont be for a little later tonight.

please help because shes got some nice fat buds on her and id hate to see her go right before shes ready

2. High pH can cause problems like what you're describing. Check the pH of the substrate.

3. i adjust my water with ph up/down. i make it yellow-green indication which is labeled as 6.5. however i do agree with you that its probably the pH. i never have liked color pH testers. they just dont seem accurate enough even though supposedly it works amazing...says the guy at the hydro store. im watering tomorroew and most likely adding tiger bloom (2tsp/gal). another thing, last watering (two days ago including today) i gave it straight water, no nutes.

will be posting pics later tonight.

4. check the ph, and get your temps under control!!!! it is summer time, if you're growing indoors it is wise to have the lights come on after the sun goes down, this way you can help control the temperature in the box because of the lower ambient outside temps. i had the same problem a about 2 weeks ago, outside temps went up, so did the temps in my box, changed my lights to come on after the sun goes down and bam, temp problem solved..

5. Wide spectrum pH drops can work pretty well. I use them every other day.

Even when all feedings are properly pH'd, the soil's pH can slowly change over time. Microbe activity is one of the main reasons. When the soil's pH is off, it'll change the pH of any liquids that go into it. To check the soil's pH with drops, water thoroughly with pure water tested at pH 7. Let the water sit in the soil for at least an hour and then squeeze some out. Either grab a handful & squeeze or press on the soil surface and collect the runoff from the bottom.

6. well today i water with 1 gal of ph at 6.5 drinking water. the last watering before these brown sploches showed up was tap from the hose. i figured thats what messed everything up. btw my plant is looking rough around the edges but i think its going to enjoy this pH'd drinking water. i hope i can remedythis.

stay tuned as ill probably be asking more questions as shes recovering.

7. im already 1 month into flowering. i cant change the light cycle. lights on 10am to 10p.m

8. Sure u can. Just give the plant an extra couple of hours of nightime. Leaves tacoing up usually means to high of temps...the bane of the indoor

9. yup ur killen ur babies man wayyy tooo hot...good luck

10. thx for all the help!