RX industries. DO NOT ORDER BE AWARE!!! READ!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tokinblade, Jan 11, 2012.

1. RX INDUSTRIES. AKA JARED DRESSEN

Ok so im not starting this thread to cause drama or anything like that. Just to let you guys know my situation.

First of all i ordered on 12/26/11. I received the standard confirmation about the order, about a week later i received other orders that i ordered the same day, but not the RX industries order, No big deal. Ill contact the company and ask how they sent it out, just to make sure things are okay right?

Well no, they dont have a contact email, or a contact number on their site, just a form you can submit (bad sign). So of course i submit one asking if everything was okay, if it was sent out and what shipping service was used. Anything inside the US normally takes under a week.

Well 5 days later no reply, no suprise. So i send another contact form this time letting them know im very concerned about my order. At this point i knew they had either sent it out late, or it hadnt been sent out at all.

Fast foward to 3 or 4 more days with no reply to the first OR second contact form. This time its been 2 weeks on the dot since my order. So i submit one final contact form before i dispute my charges and report to BBB. Of course this form was slightly more threatening. They contacted me back within the day making up excuses about other people when its obviously a 1 guy operation.

I ordered a 6 hole monarch slide stand (dark wood, 3 14mm, 3 18mm) A bottle of Grunge Off and Black K clip.

Said that they didnt have the grunge off and thats why my order didnt ship. So they refunded me for the grunge off and sent the order out. Thats right, TWO WEEKS after i paid for my order they just got around to telling me they were out of stock of something and actually mailing it. To try to make it better they offered me a free slide with my order, which was nice. But the wait time and contact issues are completely unacceptable.

Got here today and guess what.....

COMPLETELY wrong slide stand, Its light colored wood and ALL 18mm. So i have NO use for it because i needed a 14mm slide stand. Not to mention its all marred up like its been used in somebody's personal collection.

The free 'nice gesture' slide was the biggest chinese POS ive ever had in my house, straight crap color swirls, crooked hole in the bowl on the side. Its laughable.

NO k-klip at all.

And my 'refund' for the grunge off of course still hasnt went through.

So i contacted them one last time demanding a full refund. Ill send this stuff back if i have to but im damn sure not paying for it.

This is by far the worst experience ive had with an online 'retailer'. Ive been looking at that site for months wanted to try it out and finally did. BAD IDEA. Stay with what you no works. DO NOT ORDER FROM RX INDUSTRIES.

2. troll them.
    hard,

3. Shows how serious they are about their customers. I mean to hold an order but than to BS and then to get the order wrong after two weeks. Glad I didn't order from there today.

4. damn. that sucks bro. how much money wa the order all together?

5. dam bro i feel sorry for yea hopefully they dont make you send the stuff back and make full refund cuz thats bullshit

6. Here is what i ordered:

[​IMG]
    $79.99

Handmade in the US, these awesome exotic wood and billet aluminum slide stands are damn classy.

Features three 14.4mm fittings and three 18.8mm fittings to display 6 of your favorite slides or accessories.

[​IMG]
    $3.99

18/14 Black K clip

[​IMG]

$13.99 Grunge Off.

And here is what i received for my 100 dollar order.

Wrong slide stand, wrong color, wrong joint sizes:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

LMAO 'free' slide. most crooked bowl and hole ive ever seen:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

7. Im not really that put out by the money or anything. But money is money. Its really just the fact of the matter. The non-existent communication, the lies, the wrong products. its just a joke!

Ive been ordering things online for most of my life. I also run a couple online business myself. And i would never, ever do this or imagine doing this to one of my customers, In the small chances that something like this happens i always fix it. I would never expect my business to last long with these kind of workings.

I consistently order from h20tech, kulture, bfg, chico, high priority with no issues. The only reason i ordered from RX is because they were the only ones with THAT slide stand, Everybody else was out of the dark half 14 half 18 stands.

8. Let us know if you get your money back including the return shipping. No way would I be up for paying more money out of my pocket so they could fix their mistake.

9. Gotta watch out orderin online, shoulda stuck to local, GC, or someone reliable. Sorry holmes

10. #10 rain dancer, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    I ordered from them too last year. They are a bunch of stoners so they don't take their business very seriously. They have a shop in southern Cali as well as the online store. I ordered from the online store. When I received no response via email I used google and found out the owners names then called their store and asked for the owner. A day later I got an email confirmation from the owner with an apology.

I ordered a real nice ryot case for my bong, a couple of black keck clips, and a couple glass screens as they were supposedly borosilicate and American made. Took about a week, but I finally got my order. None of the keck clips were the color I ordered, just random colors. The glass screens sucked so bad, they'll broke from normal use within a month. One of the screens fell 3 inches out of my hand into my sink and just shattered. The bag kicked ass. Their service is very poor and I won't order from them again, just glad my order went through at all.

The owner Jared I believe his name is responds to emails if you can get his personal email, which I found on google somehow......

Edit: btw, if you do get ahold of someone via phone, you'll get this idiot who works in the shop. This dude is a moron and while it sounds like he's lying, he's just a fucking idiot. It's surprising the owner keeps him around but I found out online he's the brother of some famous glass blower or something....

11. Sounds like another shitty online headshop for me to avoid, thanks for the advice.

12. Yeah his name is Jared Dressen. I have a wild feeling im dealing with him already.....

But its nice to know im not the only one. With how bad they fucked this up its hard to imagine them getting anything right.

Stoners are fine to run a business. Obviously not these stoners though...

13. Wow, that "free" slide they send you really is a joke, man. I don't think anyone spending 80$ on a piece of wood to hold slides would ever put a 5$ chinese slide in there:bongin:

Sorry to hear about the negative experience with them. I will definitely stay away.

14. Lol tell me about it. I make my slide stands, But I mostly use 18mm. I ordered this for my girlfriend because I got her a few 14mm slides for Christmas. Just wanted her to have something different than mine.

The funniest thing is that the free jank slide is 14mm so I can't even use it in the slide stand they sent me.....fail!

15. Fuck Sheldon Black. I'm pretty sure it is indeed a couple of guys, and they're all shit heads. Sakibomb made a post on her FB about how they ripped her off for like 3 grand or something.

Bunch of shady fucks, makes me wanna sell my sheldon bubb.

16. yeah that sounds ghetto as fuck. Giving stoners a bad name. thanks for the heads up though. Thats all you can do sometimes.

17. I ordered from them. I got a 12" tube that was supposed to have a punched downstem. I got two slitted downstems and a couple glo rods and the tube. I broke the tube after a week taking off a keck clip. They were supposed to send me a punched downstem but I never recieved. Oh well, I ended up getting a GMD stemless instead and I love it. I wouldn't use them again either.

18. Thanks for the heads up OP. Won't even bother browsing anymore.

19. Thanks for the warning OP, I've had similar experiences with other online smoking accessory sites myself and tbh there is no excuse for doing business in such a fashion.

20. Woah man I think your mistaken. Sheldon black is not affiliated with rx industries. Sheldon is the makers of grunge off though. Rx industries Just has a Sheldon banner on their site because they sell it. This has nothing to do with Sheldonblack , I have lots of their glass and love it.