"Rusty" Speckles

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fiveohno, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

I've done a lot of reading and searching, without much luck on this. Any ideas of what could cause this speckling? It only seems to affect certain mature fan leaves...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Maybe a touch of Mg deficiency?

3. It almost looks like insect damage? see anything on the undersides of the leaves?

4. Definitely not from bugs. The undersides just show a fainter version of the top.

5. What he said^^^

6. if you figure it out let me know, my plants have the same exact problem.

what do you feed with?

7. Buddha Bloom for the last couple weeks. But I noticed it slightly even before flowering. It seems to be getting worse now.

8. I just watered with a gallon of bottled "drinking water", collected the runoff, and tested it with a pH tester that is meant for collecting a small soil sample, and filling with water. This one:

[​IMG]

It shows the pH to be 5.5, but I'm not sure if the reading is valid when using it this way.

9. :confused:

Attached Files:

10. I think it's time to back the nitrogen down a bit too. Maybe some dolomite lime to raise the pH, add Mg and Ca?

11. Did a mini-flush, then watered in 5 tbs of dolomite lime into each 3 gal container. Run-off already jumped from 5.5 to 6.5, and since I haven't used lime before, it should continue to bump up the pH.

I'm hoping that between the higher pH and a little additional Mg and Ca, they will be pretty happy.

12. On a lighter note.... :D

Attached Files:

13. Thanks for the link!

I don't think it's heat burn for a couple reasons. First, the whole enclosure is ducted and fan fed. Also, I first noticed it on older fan leaves, well away from the lights.

14. Arg, the spotting has gotten a fair bit worse. I'm really hoping that the dolomite lime is going to get things in line, but maybe it will take a week+ to see the effects.