Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rusty socket, safe to smoke from?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GSN1PA360, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Even a clean socket shouldnt be used as the chrome vanadium can create harmful fumes.

2. Bad idea dude, rust is eating through that socket, so cleaning it out is exposing the metal that wasn't plated. Because those metals are being used for things like sockets wrenches etc its ok for it to be impure and contain some nasty shit. I see you already did it though, so have fun having iron oxide as well as some other good stuff hanging around in your lungs.

3. Fuck, Im just gonna get rid of it, Hope my lungs are fine.....

4. [quote name='"GSN1PA360"']Fuck, Im just gonna get rid of it, Hope my lungs are fine.....[/quote]

I used to do it before i knew how dangerous it is. Im still breathing fine. Youll be good. Lol. Prolonged use will mess you up.

5. Man the fuck up and do what this kid did

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7isBM2zhI]Nose Bowl - How to smoke weed without a piece. - YouTube[/ame]

6. oh wow the tread title had me cracking up...

NO!

7. Wouldn't risk it, cuz.

8. How does one poke a hole in a glass bottle?

Is this true? :eek::confused:

9. Lol, this is like so many parties ive gone to... Not specifically smoking out of the nose, but how whenever anything interesting happens, EVERYONE just yells. It always happens lol, that brought back some good memories.. Usually a buncha drunk kids tryin to be a little louder than the drunk kid next to em lol, never actually making sense.. just yelling.

Funny ass video, But OP, go ahead n smoke it. Wont hurtcha.

10. I see OP got rid of it but what the hell would this do?

He said it was rusted not dirty. You can't wash or boil off rust.

You have to get in there with a wire brush or a dremel.

Same with the guy that said to use iso and salt :laughing:

11. I work at a hardware store and you can buy a single socket for $1.75 and down... go spend the one fucking dollar even if your somewhat leery.

12. #32 Aggressive, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Literally any fruit or vegetable. I've used potatoes, oranges, bananas, a fuckin zucchini. It really doesn't matter. All you need is any knife(cut the bowl) and a pen(bore the stem).

13. A soda can is safer than a rusty socket.

14. What other people have said. Smoke from an apple. It's a nice treat afterwards. Or be really creative and smoke from a pizza or donut.

15. Yeah I trashed that socket and went back to using my bowl again to make a bong, I want to have a good skill of making smoking devices out of anything that seems pretty cool so I'll try and be creative

16. Was about to say the same thing lol.

17. I wouldn't use any socket, I've smoked out of them plenty and hate it. It's really not hard to make a cheap bong though (in retrospect).

I simply grabbed a soda bottle, 'drilled' a small hole with a small flat head screw driver I had laying around, bought some aquarium tubing (smallest size I could find because I was broke), opened the hole up a little more by breaking it in with a pen and feeding the tube in and the other end of the hose/tubing shit plugged in perfectly to the mouth piece of my sherlock.

I even bought a splitter for the tubing and plugged it into the hose inside of the bottle to diffuse the smoke pitifully. It worked surprisingly well.

Still paranoid the tubing was harmful in some way, but I'm paranoid about that kinda shit in general. So glad I got a glass bong now.

18. put it in CLR and shake it up a bit, then wipe it with a q-tip clean, wash VERY well after

19. #40 Big_B, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    80% of this thread is bullshit, chrome vanadium poisoning happens at such stupidly high exposure rates, you could smoke the entire fucking socket and still be fine, the socket shouldn't even have chrome on it since it's completely rusted, rust washes after 24 hours in a vinegar and salt mixture and within 3 or 4 sessions the socket would be so oiled up that the heat shouldn't even reach the metal, unless you have no idea how to smoke.

Anyone saying that it's easier to just buy a proper piece grew up with a silver spoon in their ass for the quality of a 500 ml bottle with a proper 10 mm socket and a few inches of garden hose, a proper glass piece would cost you a years worth of weed if you smoke properly, even an acrylic piece which is impossible to clean properly without damaging (if you want a real health risk, it's leaving your fucking bong dirty) would cost a couple of months worth of weed

In conclusion, chrome vinadium poisoning is only an issue in massive factories that don't follow safety regulations, make sure to clean your shit as well as you possibly can and it should be fine and don't be an asshole who assumes everyone has money to spend on stupidly overpriced pieces that don't even fucking work as well.

• Funny Funny x 1