Rusty leaves and leaf tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TheXManToker, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I got a sativa dom plant about 4 weeks into flowering. She started showing these little burns a long time ago in the veg stage, but I simply cut off the affected couple leaves and I haven't had any problems until now... Most of the oranging is happening at the very bottom, but the very top leaves have started to show the same problem on their tips. I'm very worried about my lady, please help. :(

Attached Files:

2. What sort of water are you using? This looks like a nutrient deficiency to me, especially if you say its been happening off and on since early in veg. If your pH is off and you're seeing nutrient lockout, that seems like the most easy solution to me.

What sort of nutes are you using? Watering schedule?

Thanks!

3. It is natural for your leaves at the bottom to die off later in flower as the plant directs its energy into the buds, but I doubt its that, since its been happening awhile. :)

4. I water a day or two after the soil feels dry when I poke my finger in it. I'm going to let her dry out because I just watered yesterday, flush her, and then let her dry out for about a week. I water after every other watering, so I water twice and then nute. Fox farm tiger bloom. Don't have accurate PH meter

5. No one has anything to say?..... I'm beggining to lose my faith in GC. :(

6. ok bro...this aint my wheelhouse but im sayin' your havin' a cal/mag def.....next watering add 1/2 teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon.....when you water do you let it sit overnight....with your shitty ph tester what run off are you getting...when was the last time they got veg nutes......and when ya water...water the plant well...pick it up and heft it...judge the weight....then..when you pick up the plant you can tell when it needs water...add nutes every other watering......what kinda soil...think your gonna hafta get cal/mag suppliment and i would add 1 feeding of veg nutes as a booster shot type of thing..thats just my duece..these guys here are way better than me at sick plant solvin':smoke:are you watering till run off

7. I'm getting about 6.5-6.8
    They haven't had veg nutes since the veg state about a month ago.
    I'm going to cut dosage and do that.
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest.
    Not everytime I water, but occasionally.

8. Okay, so the other day I came home and checked out my plant and the afflicted leaf that is in the picture had fallen off. The leaf was very crispy and dry, but the stem was moist.

9. i agree with the cal/mag def and the affected leaves wont get better i always give some cal/mag with my feedings

10. ya gotta be a little careful with the cal mag..as it has nites..so it adds to nutes also..not a big deal but something to think about if trouble rears its ugly head:smoke:

11. What can I use as a supplement? Is this going to kill my plant if left unattended to?

12. So, I'd just like to say that I'm pretty disappointed with the amount of feedback I got from you guys. Considering Deacon was the only one that really helped, and I had him helping me already, so posting this thread was basically pointless. I find this section completely unhelpful. Next time I will just post pics on my original thread and save the trouble.

13. #13 budalushious, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    Pardon my rudeness..........
    peace B

14. hey guys..its all good bros...i help peeps till its apparent i'm just spinnin' my wheels...not seein' that here....just some frustration..growin' weed aint that easy or every stoner would do it...budalushious..i know the forums can be frustrating but its like everything..people get different things at different speeds..appreciate the kind words on my helpin'...just gotta chill a little..i find alot of times if somethin's botherin' me on the forums..its best to move on or wait a day..no biggie'''your just lookin' out..just maybe say it a little nicer:D....and xmam's gonna get it..each grow and grower is different and helpin' aint always easy...but i love ta do it and dont worry..theres plenty of deac ta go around..so lets just be chill to eachother and grow and smoke some dank:hello:

15. Well said..

16. Whew. Sorry I was so rude about it, I was just frustrated that I've been trying to get help with my plant and I wasn't getting ANY feedback besides from Deacon, and I already had his assistance. :D

17. it does look like cal/mag but a little weirder.do you have a radiator near by the plant.looking at some pics it kind of looks like ozone damage.

18. Nope, no radiator. It's by my TV?

19. well..how they lookin':confused_2:and dont worry about gettin frustrated..it happens all the time...post on my thread...the to lazy ta start a journal thread...sick plant forum...get your question out there;)

20. The leaves aren't lookin to be any better, but the buds seem to be fine, so I think she's just nearing her end. She fattens up quite a bit daily, and I'm thinkin within the next few weeks she may be done.