Rusty Indoor Stealth, CFL, First Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Rusty2144, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Heya guys,

This is my first grow ever. I have done alot of research before investing any time or money. You guys pretty much inspired me. Currently growing two plants indoors with 4 24w Daytime 6500kCFLs. Both are bagseed from either mids or some chronic. I can't remember since I have been saving them since September. I germinated them in a tupperware container for three days and put them in solo cups. After they sprouted on Sunday February 8th, I transplanted into their current pots, 6inch wide plastic pots from Wal-Mart. No ferts used yet. I plan to grab a camera soon, but until then, here are some poopy pictures.

Both of them are 11 days old now. The first one is very low to the soil, the new set of leaves grow right after the old set. It is maybe just over 2 inchs high and seems very healthy. Plant two is taller, prolly cause the light may be a little further. It is also just as healthy as the first one. I will be updating this as I go.

Plant 1:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What kind of soil are you using?

also, i'd take that tin foil off the sides of the pot. It creates hot spots and can burn the plant. I recommend going to Target or any outdoor-type store and picking up an emergency blanket. They're usually only like 2 bucks for a big ass sheet

lookin good so far man. You're gonna fall in love w/ growing :smoke:

3. Hello,
    Both plants are 15 days old now. They both are doing amazing. So much growth each day. Using lights for 24 hours a day, still no ferts. I am sort of amazed by how much they have grown. The pots are 6 inchs across. Ill keep making updates.

Plant 1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. damn plant looks nice dude, everything seems to be going well...good luck with your grow im going to keep an eye on it

5. Day 22:
    Wow, both plants got sick and started to turn brown and dry on the tips of new growth. I changed some things such as I added a fan to the box. For the past three days now, the plants have gotten much better. I also cut back on watering since I felt I was over watering.

Also, I believe they are both females. There are these very small pistil like things that are preflowers around both plants. I couldn't get good pictures of them, but here are the plats on their 22nd day.

Plant1: [​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]

6. Day 34:

My plants are 5 weeks old almost. I messed up, I left them alone for 4 days with extra water and now they are looking sad. There are burn marks and what not, I am going to try and continue nursing these guys, Ill keep this up to date. I wont give up Spartans!!!!!!

Plant1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 42 Days now.

6 weeks since they sprouted. Ups and downs for sure, but hanging in there. The new growth on both plants look great, but the old stuff is getting choppy. The stems are getting thicker. Going to continue to nurse these for another week then turn to 12/12. For my first grow, I am still happy and learning some things that will help me out on my next batch. Its really fun to watch these grow and see some potential in them still.

Plant1 :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant 2:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Damn those look burnt, I think your lights might be too close or running for too long (over exposure?) I'm not sure, I never grew, but I'm assuming the plants are suffering, no offense. I wish I could tell whats wrong but sorry I'm new to growing, best of luck in finding out what's wrong and hope she grows and flowers beauftifully man!!:smoke:

9. Day 50:

So, I am just over a week into 12/12. I have some good news and some bad. Bad news first, one of them grew some nice old balls, so I had to chop it down....booooo.

But now the good news.....I HAVE A FEMALE for sure!!!!! When i saw the balls on the other one, I saw these finely white hairs on the 2nd plant and let it grow some more and it is deff female. I am pretty happy. So far, the girl has gotten pretty healthy, there was a phase of underwatering, but very quickly she recovered. Here are some pictures of her. This was plant 2 from the above pictures. The first picture is the only decent picture I was able to take of the pistils. There are several more spots with pistils, but none of the pictures came out...so here is the only picture that came out with them visible clearly. Enjoy!!!:hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I'm glad to see your plants recovered and that you have a female.

What are you feeding them because it looked like they were burned by the fertilizers.

11. Day 73

I am 4 weeks into 12/12 and things seem very very good. I am very pleased as to what this one has done. I haven't uploaded anything in a while, but thought now was a good time. She has been doing very well and seems healthy. Cannot wait for a couple more weeks! Enjoy guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Lookin' great rusty!

13. #13 Rusty2144, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Day 80

Everything is looking amazing. I watered today for the last time with ferts, will plan on chopping her down in 2 weeks. I can't believe what has happened, everything looks so good!

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Looks good man. THe cola could prolly fatten up for a few more weeks.

Your grow is much like mine, close light situation and stealth. I LSTed my plants but Im just starting 12/12 light cycle. Keep us updated with harvest info as well.

15. Day 89

I harvested last week. More than half the pistils were turning orange. I was pretty happy with the yield, a good learning experience for sure. I have the buds hanging and drying now, hopefully in a couple weeks after curing, it will be nice to celebrate. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]