Rusting, yellowing...mg def? Pics.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by daspurps94, Feb 28, 2010.

1. I have five plants in FFOF under a 400w MH. They are all in their 4-5 weeks of flowering. Two of the plants (pineapple clones) have this problem on their leaves that seems like it is occurring only on the higher leaves, with the problem seeing to get worse from top to bottom. I have a third pineapple clone that is perfectly fine and healthy, all three clones came from the same mother. I am watering with 36-72hr exposed tap water and feeding them FF Cha Ching at about 1/2tsp every other watering. At first I thought it was an mg deficiency but epsom salt didn't seem to help so i flushed with regular tap water. The problem doesn't seem to be getting better or worse. The buds seem to be slightly stunted and not quite as productive, aromatic, etc. of a healthy plant. Suggestions?

Soil: FF Ocean Forrest (in about 3 1/2 gal containers)
    Temp: 73-75F at the top of the canopy
    Humidity: 50% Day/ 70% Night
    pH: ~5.6-6.0

[​IMG]

2. bump
    dude i have almost the same set up as you and have the same problem every time...

3. More then likely a ph problem soil ph should be around 6.3-6.8 hope that helps

4. ph is low. raise up to 6.5 to 7.0 but this also happens when not enough oxygen is in the air for the roots to breathe properly

5. I agree with MidwestPothead. You're Ph needs to be in the 6.3 - 6.8 range. Get your ph in range, and give it some time to bounce back. Keep your eye on the new growth it'll tell you if the issues been resolved.

Also, I don't know that you should be giving nutes every other water as it can lead to build up / burn. A good schedule is water, water, nutes, water, water, nutes. So every 3rd watering you'll feed them.

Good luck with your grow :smoke:
    Doin'

6. Thanks for the advice. I was almost positive it was a pH problem. Ill let everyone know how it goes...with pics of course. :smoking: