Rust spots outside..

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Nugz626, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Planted this vanilla kush from seed and stuck it outside early June.. it's been growing very vigorously but I am running into some issues.. on almost every leaf there's these little brown rusty spots. I've checked for mites and haven't found any.. I'm thinking it's a deficiency and I can't put my finger in what one... I've researched everywhere and nothing.. at first i was leaning toward phos, now I'm leaning toward leaf spot fungus(lsf). Anyways I'm done guessing, I need some experienced help.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. beginning of Calcium deficiency cal mag should fix.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I gave it cal/mag last week maybe 4 days ago... and I've used Epsom salts as a foliar spray with no change

4. what's the rootzone ph? it's off then. the cal is locked out.

5. I don't know the root zone ph, been given rain water the whole grow and here that's around 7.. you suggest I ph down it to maybe 5.8 with some cal/mag and try that?

6. rain water the whole grow? then it's starving and has eaten all the available food in the soil so I'd start feeding it then .not just called. mag ...feed it normal nutes intended for cannabis.

GFP

7. Also it's in pro mix hp so maybe the peat is messing stuff up?

8. you haven't fed it Dude. that's what's messing up...if you had fed it something the diagnosis would be different...it's hungry..and lacking the right stuff to stay looking healthy..

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  9. No no it's gotten nutes I'm just using rain water with all my feedings. That's all I was saying

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have you been spraying for insects? I'd check for thrips. They would be hiding in the newest growth, getting some leaf juice the whole grow.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. CALCIUM deficiency. Dude...your leaves will soon start to look like this[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gave her a good feeding and added a low dose of cal/mag phd down to 6.0 yesterday.. will update in a couple days!

13. truee good luck
    GFP

14. I agree that this may be a Ca deficiency - do you have any Lime kicking around? I'd sprinkle a quarter to a half cup around the plant, work it in with your fingers and water it in well.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1