RUST spots on lower fan leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mr.Tangent, Nov 8, 2008.

1. my blue cheese seeds are 8inches tall. and this am i noticed rust-like spots on my fan lower fan leaves
    now on this page, it was a toss up between ozone damage or Mg deffiency
    http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html

i dont have an ozone generator and the nutes i use; advanced nutrient micro and grow both contain Mg, so im kinda confused??

Attached Files:

2. Ph spotting can look like that and typically its Calcium def. not MG that does that(I was told MG too but it turned out not to be). Mine looked the same and ph run off was 5.8 (soil) I flushed and brought the ph back up but it never fully recovered. I am a week from harvesting and my plant looks like shit But the buds look great.

Check out my thread a few down from yours

3. thx, i plan to flush them regardless but the soil is still fairly moist, maybe 2morro..
    ill be sure to check the run off PH too....

4. I have the exact same spots on two of my plants, only on lower leaves.Ive looked all over at a lot of pics and this is the closest match i could find to my problem. My ph is 6.5 in runoff and soil. And the nutrient water solution is always 6.5. Ive read that this could be a calcium, magnesium or potassium defiency. (Seems like every where i go there is a different opinion.) But im using a balanced combination of very expensive nutrients that have everything that i could possibly need.

Total of seven plants all look very healthy and mean. I was experimenting with the two that have this problem by using the coco gro boss squares in a bag. The others are in a mixture of Manna mix red wood shavings and worm castings and show no sighns of this problem what so ever.. I plan on transplanting these into the same mixture to see if it remedies the problem.

5. Shit i just realized this thread is hella old

6. Ya it was... :)

So ph being off can cause this and many other issues, you could also be calcium deficient. If you are absolutly sure you ph is fine, treat with cal mag, watch new growth for further occurrance. If it continues foliar feed with calmag.

I have seen this issue every grow I have done. Last grow I messed up with bad soil, couldnt wait to plant and picked up crap. When I saw this issue i tried treating with epsom salts (care with the salts, you have to get the right kind, maybe i didnt, which is why i say get calmag) and it didnt help, the plants were having other issues and i just limped them through to harvest.

7. I agree.. Im leaning more toward the calcium deficiency im my case, as I have recently been informed that coconut base has a natural occurring calcium depleting property. I already have cal mag on hand and tried a light foliar feeding and a good dose on the roots as well.. I have implemented several methods of testing my ph with different instruments to ensure that it is on mark. I dont think that any one way is 100% accurate, but with what I have tried Im very close to the 6.5 range..

Thanks for the reply.. This is my first real gow and I think that im more consumed and enjoy learnning the science of growing high quality product than actually smoking it..