Rust colored stripes on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ismschism, Jan 31, 2009.

1. #1 ismschism, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
    hey folks, first post here. tia for your help....

a couple plants are suddenly showing a strange (at least to me, i'm kinda new at this) rust brown discoloration on a few leaves:

[​IMG]

it started happening a day or two after watering with molasses water that had been sitting for a few days... could the water have gone bad? did i poison my poor plants?

any ideas? i've been searching but so far no answers... thanks

2. i should add that other than the discoloration, the plants appear healthy. the brown stripes showed up quite suddenly on otherwise normal looking leaves (no wilt, curl, yellowing etc) near the top of the plant. the stripes are very dark, running along the veins to the leaf edge. doesn't look like anything i've seen in the forums

could it be some kind of bacterial infection? so far only two of the six plants (same light, soil conditions etc) that received the old molasses water show signs of discoloring. i have other plants that didn't get the molasses that don't have the problem.

could be coincidence, but nothing else has changed and the symptoms appeared so soon after watering...

3. ive defenetly never seen anything like this either can you send pics of your actual plants to this thread. also how far are your lights away from dem, doubt its owt to do wit lights you got, but everythings a possibility, just wait neways for more experienced growers pick up on dis thread but dat leaf looks crazy:eek:.

peace:smoking: