rust colored spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Roniin, Apr 2, 2016.

1. please help identify this, do I need to isolate the plant before spreading or is it something else
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. is it something I can solve with some either MG all purpose food or bloom booster? usually when I see deficiency I feed once with heavy bloom booster and it goes away, but last time i burned the tips.so I been watering.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You using LEDs?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

4. Yup. I've heard low end LEDs will create spots. I've never actually experienced it, or seen it, but I've also never seen any grows with low end LEDs. My platinum LED doesn't do it, and the only other LED I've been around a lot is the illumitex neosol ds.

5. What Happens is cheap LEDs are missing a spectrum of colour so plants uses calmag to make up for it, so what do you end up with? Calmag issues! Very interesting actually

nonfiction's multi-strain grow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine did this but cal-mag and a little epsom salts fixed it right up!

7. No I would pay 10-15$ a L for calmag, your flowering booster might have a bit but the plant is obviously needing more, so I wouldn't cater to that deficiency.. That being said I use pro cal (green planet line) and my plants haven't had any issues but since I'm growing with a Mars I will be watching ojt

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That makes a lot of sense. I wonder which spectrum it is?

• Like Like x 1
  9. To be honest it's still up for debate, some growers refuse to believe the LED is responsible,.. I just tried to get an answer for you but found more debates about it then anything else.... I will take that lesson with a grain of salt and watch my Mars light (so far no problems) some plants (and medoums like coco) require more calmag it might be as simple as that

• Like Like x 1
  10. I just switched my cbd critical in dwc over from t5 to a new LED. It's running CREE COBs, and it got this spot problem along with red/purple stems. I'm not sure how it could be cal mag deficiency, as I am using RO water, the Canna line nutes, based on their feed schedule and I added 5ml cal mag per gallon.

The things that make me go hmmm.

Another thing is, with my platinum led I'm used to keeping it about 6" over plants with no problems. The new LED with COBs is about 18" over. I moved it up to 24" to see if it helps.

11. I'm noticing plants are def showing calmag def under led too but I'm not sure if that's the led or what.. My guess would be yes i though I've been going through a lot of nutes lately

12. I use a 185w halo I bought for cheap and my plants do the same thing even though I counter it with Epsom salts. 1g per gallon should clear it up.

Platinumkidd Coco LED/ CFL Grow

13. now I found this in the plant. thick blanket like Web, dead bud (very very small portion)
    idk Plz help
    [​IMG][​IMG]

--------
    ▪▪♤[ Ronin's Hotbox - Indoor Grow ]♤▪▪