Rust colored spots - Detailed pictures

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Berry, Aug 8, 2010.

1. #1 Berry, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
    Ok here is my situation:
    Plants are from bagseed, Day 27 of vegging. I had some problems with stunting early in the first two weeks because of some miracle grow soil, but have since transplanted to FFOF and my plants have rebounded and about tripled in size.

Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Lights: 230watts CFL (actual)

Watering: I know I haven't been over watering. I wait until the soil is dry about 1 - 1 1/2 inches down. This comes out to watering them every 3 days or so. The plants haven't been drooping at all.

Nutrients: So far I've only given them FF Big Bloom every other watering, and giving them a good flushing with pH adjusted water in between feedings. I have held off on the Grow Big because I wanted to make sure they were fully healthy and recovered from transplanting about a week and a half ago. I was going to start the Grow Big in the next watering.

Problem: One of the plants, the one that has been growing the best, has several leaves with rust colored spots on them. I noticed the spots a few days ago, and they've spread to other leaves and have gotten more noticeable. I've included pictures of the areas I'm talking about, and a picture of the overall plant. The last two pics are of my second plant which doesn't seem to have any of the rust colored spots but does have some weird discoloration on its new set of leaves. They seem to be outlined in a lighter green color.

Any Ideas as to what this could be?

Edit: In the first picture, where the rust colored spot is, the tear in the leaf was from me rubbing on the spot to see if it would come off.

Attached Files:

2. Ok I was looking around some more at pictures of different deficiencies and I found some pictures that might look like what is wrong with my first plant. What do yall think?

The first picture is Boron deficiency and has rust colored spots. Mine isn't that bad yet, but it could just be the start of it. The second picture is Calcium deficiency. These pictures aren't mine and not of my plants. I know that Grow big contains Boron so I'll be good once I start feeding them with that if it is indeed a Boron deficiency, but what if it is calcium? What do you feed your plants if they have calcium deficiency?

Attached Files: