Rust-colored decay on leaves, pH or nute burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by belialtheunholy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. This is a Hawaiian Snow plant that's about two months old and its doing fine with the exception of this deficiency that I just can't possibly identify.

It's in a soilless mix, pH is about 7.2
    Temp: 72-76, 40-50% humidity.
    I feed it the entire Roots Organics line, according to their schedule.
    400w air-cooled MH, about 9 inches off the plant.
    Fresh air constantly being circulated with an 18" oscillating fan.
    Intake air is sucked in through a 180cfm can fan right from outside (constant fresh air).

I thought it was a magnesium deficiency, but I've been foliar feeding her for about two weeks now with a solution of epsom salt and fresh water but that doesn't help.

SDC11385small.jpg

2. id say it definately resembles a ph problem. not sure about those rust colored spots tho. im not a soil grower but i think 7 is to high. might wana double check on that tho as i said not a soil grower.gl buddy

3. what soilless mix are you using? And what are the plants in container wise (pots, buckets, DWC, etc...)?

IMO the ph is definitely too high. Hydro 5.8 - 6.0, soil range 6.3-6.8.

Personally I wouldn't foliage feed, but that's me. As the water evaporates, the salts that were in the water remain and tend to burn the leaves.

Good luck :smoke:
    Doin'

4. I really appreciate everybody's help... really.

It was definitely a pH problem. I bought some Earth Juice pH Up and Down today, and applied it with its feeding schedule, so hopefully I can see some results soon.

I also add Roots Organic's Oreganism. So hopefully all the helpful bacteria will assist in regulating the pH.