Russy's 2010 Guerrilla Grow -details & updates-

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Russy, May 25, 2010.

1. looking good russy and they look about 8 times better then mine lol

2. hahah yeah dude. Yours have mine beat :D

3. Thanks for checkin in guys, Sergei , yours look bigger than mine? maybe its the lack of scale that made yours look huge ! :confused:

4. Agreed the weather sucks..especially in the NE...for pretty much end of my and up till now my plant hasnt busted past 8 inches...crappy cloudy weather all day with rain...now things are starting to heat up hopefully my soil is retaining its moisture. But nice grow so far man, hopefully your grow goes as planned

5. well, mine are bigger, but mine stayed tiny, a lot like yours until maybe the past 3 weeks when vegging has gone ballistic!
    now my girls are 2-3 feet tall! Yours will come mah dude! Its summer now, and your weather is getting better. :wave:

6. mother nature can be a bitch sometimes. we just started getting some good weather and sun in the NE so hopefully it will continue.

You should hit them heifers up with some alaska fish emulsion or some grow big if your worried about critters. One of them looks like she could use some extra nitro. They would probably bust out with some juice.

hope the weather turns soon for you dude.

:smoking:

7. Those are some nice plants :hello: hopefully you will have a bountiful harvest so you can make some more of that bomb ass qwiso.:smoke:

8. Update :

About 30 days in the ground now, been having real nice sunny days in high 70's low 80's and nice nights in the low 50's . Treated recently with Neem again, some more damage, I think Caterpillar or Slugs..

Can see a lot of things Ive done wrong already being my first Guerrilla grow, But its to late to really fix any of them now. Gotta roll with it and make the best ! :cool:

A couple of which was not back filling all the holes with a potting mix and not enough Sun in a few spots ...

UPDATE ON EACH PLANT
    ================

1) Its in a hard spot to get to for pics, I have to crawl on my hands and knees to get to it, So its been pretty much neglected , but its doing fine.

2) Is one of the best ones, with nearly full sun , Ive done a small LST on it, just tucking it through one of the holes on my fencing. Starting to really do some branching finally ! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3) Shes the big girl of the pack. The one that had Pot soil back fill, and went out a bit earlier. Although it doesn't get as much sun as id like, Still doing very well. At one point it got topped by either a Deer or Bugs, which resulted in a very nice natural FIM. :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4) The runt of the pack still . Not much to say about it , sadly its in one of the best spots with tons of Sun, so hopefully it will kick out of this funk its in.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5) Its one of my favorites ! In a great spot with tons of Sun, And finally doing well, I topped , and its starting to feel the effects now :) Some nice branching on top and bottom , i do wish i would have back filled this one with some potting mix ... oh well... :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6) Tall skinny one... not much to say, I will probably top it soon If I don't see any natural branching .. :eek:

[​IMG]

7) This one is doing well, with only good afternoon sun , I did a LST on this one, tucking it through the fencing , and it has responded very nicely with some good branching . One of my favorites so far !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8) Not much sun for this one sadly, but its doing ok. Does get some decent late afternoon sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9) Same story as 8 pretty much , only a little bit of early morning, and late afternoon sun , but still doing ok...

[​IMG]

10) And a new addition was a baby BK clone, But it got pounced on right away by something .. Ive done an area treatment , as well as Neem treatment, we shall see it it pulls through ! :confused:

[​IMG]

Hope you all enjoyed the update, Overall I am still sad so far , but with summer in full gear now, Hopefully I can turn it around !

Thanks for tuning in, and please let me know your comments and or suggestions !

:wave:

9. Looking good mah dude!
    I see drastic improvement from the last update man.
    You have good vibes on the way from the north east.

10. lookin good Russy, sorry something got hungry and your plant was the drive thru. but a bit jealous, I wish the animals would train my plants too. do it again ..and I am dubbin ya the Dr. Dolittle instead of doc Greenthumb ;)...

I got hit by slugs and picked up some new slug bait .. it has Spinosad in it .. to kill earwigs and other pests also besides gastropods ( they also use the stuff to kill off Spider Mites :cool:)

uses Iron phosphate , so it doesn't kill pets ( nor earthworms like that stuff that contains metaldehyde)
    it is called Sluggo Plus it cost about 30 bucks for 2.5 lbs. the normal Sluggo works also for all gastropods, and is just as safe.

Wharf

11. looking good russy i hope mine start to take off like yours soon

12. These look great considering your drawbacks so far Russy. The best is yet to come.

13. Thanks man ! Your grow is looking awesome to, Thanks for checkin in ! :wave:

Haha ! I think out of all the bug damage Ive had thats the only time it was "beneficial" but I dunno bout Doc Dolittle ;) , Ima have to check into something for the slugs If i keep seeing damage, its been hot lately, So hopefully the problem fixes itself.

Thanks guys ! :wave:

14. === Update ===

Well , Its been a real learning experience trying to grow outside this year. And thus far an utter failure.. I have learned that I need to get good genetics for outside for one. Also I need to dig big deep holes and fill them with a desirable potting mix. Also picking spots based on light exposure seems very important.

With that said , Here's an update on each plant.

1) Was topped about a week ago , doing well, very little light, Ive been doing some bush work trying to open it up some to get more light.

2) Is Huge , It gets great sun, and I must have got lucky as far as soil compaction in this spot. Its thicker than my thumb at the base and Ive been training it around my screen. Its getting long branches at the base, and I should be able to train those soon. Overall Great.

3) Neem treated last week at some point , And I must have screwed up the mix, or did it on to hot of a day, It was horribly burned , and badly curled on checking after Neem treating. A lot of branches and leaves have browned up completely and died/ fallen off. It stunted the overall size a great deal, I thought it would die completely , But it is showing some new growth on the top and should make it.

4 , 5 , 6 ) Dead (Neem) Pulled them from the ground after they died and found out why they weren't growing or branching at all, they were still confined to the party cup size clump of dirt that i transplanted the, In. The ground was much to compacted and they were effectively root bound.

7 , 8, 9 ) Dead (Neem) They just didn't handle the Neem slaughtering I gave them.. Not sure why, they also were very compacted in the ground when I pulled them , and never really did much......

Bk baby) Seems to be alive. No growth yet.

Ok, So , Disappointing yes, But Number 1 is gonna explode (hopefully its not in compacted soil bad) now that I got it more light , and Number 2 is going to be a monster. Number 3 should be ok . Its July 5th , I had a bunch of White Queen clones that i was going to run inside , those were brought to the plot several days ago, and have acclimated to outside and are showing nice growth. I also have 3 "mutant" plants that are possibly infected with "TMV" but are still very healthy and don't seem to be effected come yield time. I am going to do a Mix of HP Pro Mix , mixed with FFOF , and im going to dig about 2 1/2 foot deep holes and fill them with that mix. The 3 Mutant plants will go in spot 7, 8 9 and I will also do some bush work to get that spot more light. 4 , 5 , 6 will have White Queen clones put in them after I dig some holes and fill with my Mix. That spot has great light already..

I will update when I finish digging out the holes, filling with Soil Mix , transplanting the WQ's and Mutants , and doing some Bush work.

I hope its not to late , I got all of July, August , September and hopefully most of October before the first bad freeze.... Let me know what yall think... Is it worth my time? Can I still get anything off some good genetics in that time frame?

2 White Queen Info Links

ONE TWO

:wave:

15. damn dude it sounds like that neem oil fucked up your plants. are you sure thats what killed them? i dowsed my plants with fox farms dont bug me and had great results. it just seems odd that a product like that would kill your plants...

16. was there anything else ever used in the sprayer ( if you mixed yourself )? or did it come in a sprayer ?

along time ago I was working in one of my parents herb gardens ( they had a fresh herb&dried spice business), and had to do some insecticide spraying ( Safers insecticidal soap), and used the Round Up sprayer accidentally.. that was not a good experience, nice big huge basil plants wilted and dead...

and I would say you have about 30-45 days to veg..and 2-3 Os should be possible per plant, especially with clones.

sorry for your loss
    Wharf

17. You may have mixed too strong a batch or something...I spray my plants down pretty heavily in the middle of the day and they haven't got burned up like that...

Nice to see you out in the woods growing dude. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. And just remember...big holes help create big plants! My holes I dug this year were 2' in diameter and 12-14" deep (10-12 gal worth of soil) and i know they aren't big enough! When I go medical I'll have 7'x7'x4' holes dug and put 3-4' tall clones in each hole at the beginning of the grow season and see if I can pull 2-4lbs off each plant lol

As far as where to get a plot...this is how I search...I use google maps to finded wooded areas with streams, pongs or any sort of water source shown on the map. I then go hike the area and I find an area that has good light and close to the water source. Once I find a hand full of possible spots I generally try to watch them for a season before using them so I know how the foliage goes and how much direct/indirect light reaches the plants through out the grow season ect.

18. Neem + Emulsifier is all I sprayed them with , I used a different kind of dish soap as an emulsifier that time... but they looked like they had been sprayed with poison.... :( Im not horribly upset, Ya cant ALWAYS have good luck... :rolleyes:

Im sure I made the Mix to strong by not paying enough attention...

I always use the same sprayer , but as i said up there, I did use an different emulsifier ..... They did kinda look like some round-up got them though !! Well, I would be happy with a few zips off the White Queens ......:smoke: Stay tuned for my update.

Thanks for the support !! :hello:

Let me know what ya think after I do some updating . :)

19. Hey man your plants are looking great. I recently started farming some cannabis guerilla style also.