Russias Fails At Rocket Science [Breaking News]

Discussion in 'General' started by Enigma, May 16, 2014.

1. #1 Enigma, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    3:20 AM EDT 05.16.14

Nine minutes after the Proton-M rocket lifted off in Baikonur, Kazakhstan, on Friday, officials on the ground lost contact with the it, ITAR-Tass reported, citing an official from Russia's Federal Space Agency.

The rocket had veered off path, causing an emergency system to cut off propulsion.

The rocket, which was carrying a communications satellite into orbit, was about 100 miles high into its ascent at the time and burned up in the atmosphere, the agency reported.

But the agency also said that part of the rocket could be in a "non-intended orbit" and small pieces could fall down to Earth.

Friday's mishap marks the second time a Proton rocket has destructed after liftoff within a year and is one in a series of failures.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/16/world/europe/russia-rocket-accident/

No that wasn't a typo in the title, they've had multiple fails at this kind of thing recently :laughing:

2. poor Russia you'll get it one day. i believe in you.

3. Theyre almost as bad as North Korea :laughing:

4. Kazakhstan? Wonder if borat had anything to do with this

5. well thats a little uncomfortable, since you know...Russia is flying our US astronauts to the space station since NASA shut its flights down.

6. Looks like hootin tootin bootin shootin putin learned his lesson! It's totally time he pulls out of ukraine and leave the innocent people there alone!

/sarcasm

7. Go home Russia you're drunk.

8. Well they did better then I could.  Props Russia.

9. I respect Russia. Not many countries have the resources to even attempt to launch anything into space, let alone have multiple failed launches.

If they don't ban us from the space station because of the Ukraine bullshit.  :laughing:

11. not that they were the first in space or have a station the US uses or anything like that.