Rush

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CollinsoA, Apr 16, 2011.

1. I just got back from the Rush concert at the Q. MAN. That shit was crazy. First off, a couple of days ago I found out they were recording it for a live performance. Then I got there, and find out it's their first time ever recording a show in the U.S. ( little late, guys.) So they play their whole Moving Pictures album all the way through. They played Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Subdivisions, ass well as other classics, plus some songs from their newest albums. Neil Peart did a crazy drum solo, and played to a jazz track, and it was fuckin' crazy. After they finished, they came back for this nutty encore that featured an altered version of Working Man that they played for like 15 minutes. This dude next to me was going nuts on air drums, as well as probably everyone in the audience at one point in time. Twas crazy shit. Some guys were smoking celebratory joints while there, I just figured I might as well do it now. Hellz yeah.

2. not knocking Rush in any way, they have some great songs.

But when I was younger I used to always think the lead singer was a girl.

3. The best thing to come from Canada, hands down. The epitome of power trio, if I could say so myself... definitely a band I want to see at some point before I die.

That's awesome that they were recording the show. I'm assuming that they're gonna be releasing it as a live CD? If so that would be fucking stellar. I've listened to Rush in Rio countless times, and to actually be able to be present at the show makes it that much sweeter.

4. im not a huge fan of classic rock, but Rush has some songs that are just amazing.

Between the wheels, YYZ, red barchetta. so good :hello:

5. yeah rush is great. 2112 (the first half) is cool and passage to bangkok is another good one thats basically about smokin dope and hash across asia and stuff

i remember seeing a vid where geddy lee had hair like down past his knees and he was goin nuts swinging it around n shit but i've never been able to find it since then