runoff with organics

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by charlesweedmore, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I have a question about runoff and drainage

I grow with LC'soilless mix #1 ( i use 20%worm casts,10% peatmoss ,70% coco mix with 2 tablespoon dolomite lime for per gal.) , but is it possible to just water without any runoff and just moistening the medium? Or do I have to have 20-30% runoff like in coco and canna nutes?

If I go with coir in LCs mix, would I run into problems without running it off? I have a fear that I will be flushing nutes away if I let it runoff 30% every watering.

thanks.

2. yeah, the rule if thumb is a quart of water for every gallon of dirt. But I am findign it hard to beleive I need to feed 7 quarts fot a 7 gallon bag. That is a lot. Four quarts is a ton!

I have seen grows where far less water is used. Howver I have yet to experiment with this.

I have read that a dry soil in flower stimulates greater plant ganja goodness.

most people agree to really wet her once a week then wait till you can pick up the container, lightly. I like that. I have huge plant trays undermy bags now with rocks in them to hold upthe bags off the gorund. Even then I am ruining my bath towels to make sure is all dry.

I dont know about cocoa. I am just about to ad a brick to my soil, compost, castings, mix. I dont think that the comapny os wrong. I would do what they say, until you get better advice. MJ likes it dry but you gotta get everytingn to the bottom roots.

3. Larger pots dry out more slowly and so hold moisture for longer. My ladies in 50 litre tubs were taking 6 litres a day each - that´s about 1 for 8. A pint to a gallon.

4. #4 kush<>~, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    You do not flush organic grows. The soil is living earth (e.g. fungi, microbes, etc.) at this point and if you didn't use any synthetic fertilizers/pesticides/fungicides etc. then you will be good. When you are using an organic regimen, then you are feeding the soil not the plant. You do not flush organic grows.