Running out of space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sweet Leaf`, Mar 15, 2015.

1. #1 Sweet Leaf`, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    I have a 2x2 space im going to try to flower two plants in. im currently vegging 8 in there right now. i planted them on 2/3 and thought i would see some preflowers by now but no luck. would it be a problem to increase the dark period a little to try and encourage the plants to show their sex or should i just wait? the plants are starting to outgrow their area and i really need to just get the two girls im going to flower and focus on them. anyone have any suggestions?

2. What is your current light cycle and what kind of light??

• Like Like x 1
  3. i have the onyx bloom. its the version with 20 warm white 2700k LEDs and 8 cool white 6500K LEDs. each are 10w. currently the light cycle is 19/5

4. Unless you're growing autos, the only way young seed pants are going to show their sex in veg (16 or more hours of light), is if you stress them significantly.

Starting 8 seed plants in a 2x2 area and keeping them healthy until they show their sex in 12/12 is quite a challenge to say the least.

You're best bet is to get some clones now (make sure to mark them so you know what plant each cutting came from), and then do bonsai mother plant style pruning on the seed plants to keep them small and healthy enough to get all of them a week or so into 12/12 to determine their sex.

5. #5 Sweet Leaf`, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    ive read that they will show pre-flowers in the veg state, usually around nodes 4-6, and then you know to switch to 12/12