running lights at night

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blitzkriegen, May 13, 2008.

1. I am thinking about running my growbox at night due to heat issues. Its only 11 cubic feet. Do you guys think that 4 26 watt CFLs will be a give away to cops using scanners during the night? Thanks.

2. Definately not. Youll be fine.

3. alright, what about 6 26 watt cfls and 2 42 watt cfls? hehe

4. CFLs won't show up at all to an FLIR scan. Your laundry dryer, oven and TV have a stronger heat signature than a few CFLs. You gotta be running multiple thousands of watts to worry about FLIR. Besides, cops can't legally FLIR scan your house without a warrant (in the US).

5. cool cool... that makes sense. So, my cabinet is in my room and you cant tell when the lights are on, and youre telling me cops cant see it using scanners, so smell is my only other problem?

6. Do some research on FLIR. It's not an "x-ray" machine and can't "see" anything in your house. It only picks up variants in heat signatures through the outside walls. Smell is totally different issue but even then, it sounds like your grow is pretty small. Your odor control steps would depend on your personal circumstances. Do you live with other people that can't know you are growing? Parents, roomies, etc.

7. yeah, i live with some college friends that probably could do without knowing im growing. I understand how to grow, and i understand how to control the odor (already starting to build a scrubber), and then i realized that maybe i should be worried about growing at night because i dont understand the tools cops use. Thanks for the input!

8. if you're in the vegging stage, you want to have them on at night as well as in the day too.