Running is good

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Trogdor, Feb 19, 2012.

1. no idea, I ended up just going to the gym with my friend because he asked if I wanted to roll with him. Ended up running 5.5 miles on the treadmill, doing calf work and achilles work as well. The thing is on my itouch, its just Nike + Ipod supposed to keep track of how far you run or whatever never used it. Nothing was purchased either it just came programmed into the itouch which I got like 3 years ago but never used this feature lol.

2. Oh right. I know which app you're talking about. The GPS app is on the app store

3. BUMP. Just ran since soccer practice got cancelled last minute. Simple 5 mile run outdoors in the night... nice and cold out just the way I like it. Sprint for 30 seconds jog for 45 seconds and repeat til I was done. Great feel!

4. I always hated running till I read the book Born to Run.

After that I picked up some minimalist shoes and also started running barefoot and in socks. When I was a kid, every time I did some serious running, the next day my shins would hurt like pure hell.

I've never had that problem since going barefoot/minimalist. I went from not being able to jog down the street without getting winded to doing 15 mile runs every weekend with 2-3 mile runs during the week. Just for fun.

I do it because it's fun. The wind, the sun, the adrenaline. Running free is like flying. It's heavenly.