Running is good

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Trogdor, Feb 19, 2012.

1. I know you got lots of drive and dedication but be sure not to push yourself too hard too fast after that injury man.

Anyway everytime I see this thread pop up I feel like I have to go run or hit the gym hahaha

2. I just saw the doctor. He said it was fine. Umm I'm going to avoid surgery for now as long as it doesn't pop out again however it probably will 90% shot he says since I play soccer really competitively. Going to rehab it for a month before I play again even though he said I could start playing next week just avoid throw-ins. Hopefully I can get it to 75% of my left side. I'm a lefty so my right side don't matter a ton. Yeah I feel like running today but I don't want to burn my legs out I'll run tomorrow :D

3. I am just coming off of a month long break due to an ITBS injury in my right knee....feels soooo awesome to be able to pound the pavement again. I am only doing about 4mi runs this week but hoping to get back up to my norm 50mi weekly volume by month's end.

Not sure about everyone else, but once you get the form down and the breathing....running is just so damn relaxing almost tantric. I switch to midfoot running and started nasal breathing and ever since then, I jumped from a labored 30mi volume to 50+mi....things just became so much easier and natural and now, I seriously get why people run for enjoyment.

One of my fave things to do, actually what I am about to do after this post, is to blaze right before a run. Being high and in great weather....jebus, its fucking awesome. Esp on a single track course in the mtns or just open roads....a blast and I will go for 2_hrs just high as a kite, pounding the miles, and a grin from ear to ear. With music in the ears its almost better than sex....lol

4. Running has been very good to me, I got nice and fit because of it.

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't cardio for atleast half an hour to 45 minutes help release dopamine? Which in term allows for that deep calmness and clarity of the mind. I've read articles on it but another persons opinion would be welcomed.

6. ^ Idk if it's dopamine or not, but yeah dude I get high as hellll after I run. It's an amazing feeling, especially when followed by a nice fat bong rip.

Just ran a 5k with my roomate, the cold air is definitely a bitch but it's worth it at the end.

:hello:

7. I enjoy cold runs aslong as you aren't under the weather. Then again if you are under the weather you shouldn't be running anyway lol.

Ran 4 miles yesterday amazing feel. First run after my illness, still coughing green stuff but all my other symptoms went away and it's been over a week so I felt strong and good. hit the first 3 miles in near 21 minutes flat which I'll take, last mile was cruise mode.

8. Good to hear you all are running. My foot is better and I'm making a comeback myself. My calves got deconditioned during my time off, so my mileage is way down.

I want to keep my speed and endurance in balance this time (not have way more endurance than speed), so I'm doing two day cycles of steady pace one day one, breaking that distance into repeats on day two, then increasing the distance slightly the next day.

So far it's been

day 1 one mile
    day 2 one mile as 400 m repeats
    day 3 one and a quarter miles
    day 4 one a and a quarter miles as 400 m repeats

9. Green stuff is a sign of an infection! I got diagnosed with bronchitis because of it. Go get checked out!

10. I got it checked out 4days ago...doctor said it should slowly clear by next week which is what its doing. She didn't even give me any meds either because she said antibiotics would have a adverse effect?

11. Sounds like your doctor knows what she is doing. My doctor's a fucking idiot

12. @Prince

Where do you play soccer? I'm also a collegiate soccer player.

13. PM'd yah

Yeah doctor seems smart because I've gotten better and better everyday since. It's probably better to let the body fight off an infection anyway unless its a massive one the body can't take out on its own.

Just finished up a 5 mile run felt amazing... Kendrick Lamar's album playing the whole time got into that late :D

14. I just turned on my fitness app and started running tonight, had it minimized on my iPhone the whole time cause I was listening to music. When I got back home I opened it to mark the end of my run and the distance was exactly 4.20. Crazy shit.. I even took a smoke break during the end of my run as you can see in the graph haha.

BTW, im I don't consider this a could distance/mile pace. I was just out for a nice slow jog.

[​IMG]

15. I fucking hate running. Elip all day every day.

But I admire those who love it.
    Rock on.

16. Elliptical is awesome stuff, def enjoy it usually throw in 30 minutes after lifting days! The finest women are always on it to hahaha ;)

17. Well, me and my bud have decided to train for the half marathon. Hopefully I can get it done this semester.

18. Good luck. For me, every time I start to get my distance built up, I somehow get hurt and it sets me back.

19. Going to go for a run shortly, gonna test out this nike plus ipod thing on my itouch see if it accurately keeps track of my distance. Never used it before

20. The GPS app or the standard app? I use the Nike + GPS app and it's the best purchase I've ever made on my iPhone