running in the rain

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dr.Weed, Feb 6, 2013.

1. anyone else love running in the rain? Just got back from a nice 5 mile run, love the feeling of the rain on my face while running. Makes me feel alive. Anyone else?

2. You sir rock.

3. thanks mane, but its really nothin special. Just a fun thing to do to keep life interesting yenno

4. gotta be above 70 but at the end I rip off my shirt to do the cool down and feel like I'm in a nike or gatorade ad, even better after dark. But if your shoes get soaked its kind of a downer

5. lol ive never ripped off my shirt before after a run. Im not cool enough. Whenever i get a new pair of shoes I keep the old ones for running so i dont care if they get soaked. I have a really old pair of vans that have tons of holes in em but somehow there still intact and i just run in those.

6. No offense, those shoes are not decent at all to run in. There are some cheap asics I get to do whatever in.

7. #7 Dr.Weed, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    shoes in general arent good to run in lol. Our feet have all the support they need to run. #1 cause of injury in athletes are cuz of shoes and too much support in them.

Edit: in athletes feet I should say.

8. I love running all the time.... I hardly run anymore though because of how much I'm in the gym doing weights, practicing soccer with my team, and playing basketball a couple times a week as well... running would just lead to injury for me. But during offseason times I'll run a few times a week... awesome feeling when you are done with that 7-8 mile run at night... or first thing in the AM... either way

9. Did this high as fuck on unmentionables once and then went inside and watched the wall..Most satisfying experience of my fuckin' life.

10. woke up in the rain today, actually wasnt so bad ya kno?

11. What about when the rain is going sideways.....Should I run into it or away from it,I need to know.

12. Running is hard on the body. You should just get a gym membership and hit up the speed bikes. Or just bike around the city.

Running in the rain is fun though :)

13. yep elliptical/bike all day

14. Idk, running doesnt seem that hard on ur body lol, at least not on my body. I dont really know what you mean by running is hard on ur body though. Dont get me wrong though, I love biking. I bike 5-10k everyday in the summer, its just the sitting down aspect that I dont like about it, when im exercising i like to be standing

15. I need to sleep, I thought the title said "running in the train" I used to ride the CTA everyday and I would always see these rachet ass kids running from one train cart to the other one.

16. Rain doesn't bother me at all. If I want to run, nothing stops me.

17. I've done it a few times, but never stoned. The only irritating thing about it is when your shoes get soggy :(

18. Asics > all other shoes

19. Love doing almost anything in the rain.......

Always have.....

Been to the top of the mountain and back in a hurricane....

Not much of a runner in the traditional sense.....i do alot of no trail....no path...up and down the mountain running....run on stones in the creek....

Only hard on your body when you bust your ass.....

20. I LOVE running in the rain. Awesome atmosphere and it's like someone is spraying you with a water hose the whole time. You can run your ass off and never overheat it's fucking awesome.

For anyone who's ever done a long run (10+ miles) and then hopped in a cold shower and felt the relief, it's like that but while you're running. amazing