running co2 and roots geting oxygen

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by maina, Nov 14, 2011.

1. #21 The Bunker, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    Fresh air > CO2 burner. I have a NG burner and controller/moniter hard piped in my room, which I never use. It is water cooled and still causes heat and humidity issues in the summer. My advice would be to use fresh air only. Use a burner only if your room CO2 drops below 350 ppm. If you do use it, 1000 ppm is the max I would introduce. Articles I have recently read say it is usually not cost effective and can have a negative impact when the concentration is above 1500ppm.

2. I just sit in my grow room and read for a few hours everyday just before the lights go off, I'll just be sitting there.. *Click* "Damn". I figure its free and I'd like to think that my CO2 helps.

3. My controller can show a significant jump in co2 ppm in just 20 minutes in the room. I've seen it jump 1000ppm in 20-30 minutes. If I blow 1 puff of air on the sensor, it will hit 2500ppm (redline) immediately.

chunk

4. Its a nice, calm, pretty place...and it smells nice in there - doesnt it....:)

I love spending time in the growroom.

jerry.

5. Seriously?! Thats great news! I always thought it was at most 100 ppm increase.

6. Any chance of a citation/link?

I have a CAP controller with. CO2 sensor. It only goes up about 100 ppm if I breath on it.

My ppm's are a bit high though. This may be because I am right next to my central gas furnace and gas hw tank.

7. #27 Chunk, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011

Wee,

The link I posted in post #3 is a complete thread with citations on the correct ppms for co2 enrichment. The OP is a research scientist and his work is pretty solid.

chunk

EDIT: The following quote is as good a reason as any to avoid high saturation rates of co2.

8. I would rep you but it wont let me. I always figured ethylene would quicken the cure time or ripening time of the flowers, glad you posted that piece of information.

9. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']

Any chance of a citation/link?

I have a CAP controller with. CO2 sensor. It only goes up about 100 ppm if I breath on it.

My ppm's are a bit high though. This may be because I am right next to my central gas furnace and gas hw tank.[/quote]

October 2011 Maximum Yield pg 115
    Pushing CO2 by Isabelle Lemay and Melissa Leveille

10. You guys are awesome! Thank you so very much! :)

I'm glad I never invested in CO2 now. I always thought I should have a better handle on my garden, especially my planting medium, before going down that road.

11. there is no way to not run co2 in a sealed room

12. #32 trichome fiend, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    ...I had an experience you guys may find useful.
    ...in an airtight room with co2 enrichment, I was growing in FFOF soil, followed up with an AACT. I placed my co2 monitor at canopy level across the room from my co2 burner just as instructed to. During weeks 1-3 my burner would only come on when I exausted the room, or opened the main enterance door. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going wrong...I calibrated my monitor over and over, which is a simple task...my co2 was getting over 1600+ ppm and my burner would never come on....I was trippin!

...I was told that alot of co2 was being produced by the microherds in the soil, and that the plants theirselves make co2 while the lights are off....and since I had alot of soil in the room, my co2 levels were shooting above optimum.... Has anyone else ever had this experience growing organically in a sealed room?