Running 250w HPS in rubbermaid

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rufiodrums07, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Ok so I'm on my 3rd grow and so far I've been using 6 x 42w 2700K cfls for a total of about 250 watts (6500K equivalent for veg). Well, my yields are a little lacking, and I find myself worrying about running out in between harvests. I want to get rid of this worry and also produce some better buds as well.

I have a 6" inline duct fan cooling my stacked rubbermaid box and i am able to maintain temps as low as 68 degrees farenheit. If I were to get an HPS I would go with a cooltube for sure so I can get the plants closer to the light, but my question is will I still be able to maintain temps in the 75-85 area? I really want to make the switch to HPS, but money and heat are the only two things holding me back.

I dont really want to build a new cab because I really have this one dialed in and stealthy. So what do u peeps think? Will I be able to run a cooltube 250w HPS in my rubbermaid? Also, any suggestions on whether i should go digital or magnetic ballast would be appreciated:).