Runescape?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Sploojum, Nov 21, 2012.

1. #1 Sploojum, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    As much as I am kind of ashamed to admit it, I have returned to Runescape.

The new Combat Update thing was pretty interesting so I started playing this morning and ended up buying membership again. 2 long years I had evaded the game, but it pulls you back in, time after time.

So now the problem is that I don't have any friends who are active and I have no clan or anything. I figured at least a few of you Blades must play Runescape and I figured it would actually be really fun to play with some of you.

Anybody who hasn't played in a while should join and play and chill :smoking:

I have membership and my combat is like 154 with the new update thing. I'm down to skill, train, hang, and bang. Maybe not the last one but definitely the first few.

Over the next few days I'm off for Thanksgiving I plan on smoking some bowls, playing some Runescape, and philosophizing for no general reason.

IGN: Sploojum

For those who haven't played recently: Evolution of Combat (RS Wiki)

That should explain everything you need to know about the newest update.

EDIT: For those who haven't played and our thinking of joining me, I would suggest it. If you are a fan of MMOs you have probably tried it before but it if you haven't played in the past 3 or 4 years it is completely different. Lots of people complain about it, but thats just because RS has one of the worst communities ever and most of them hate any change made to the game.

There are something like 25 members skills and 13 or 14 free to play skills and there are 99 levels for each, and they take TIME to get. This is a game that you can grind out or just relax and play as you wish. Combat is separate from skills, so if you wish to only train your other skills you may do so.

Runescape has the option to play for free or as a member (7 bucks a month or something) but you won't need membership for quite some time, especially if it is your first time playing. I played for 2 or 3 years when I was younger without membership. Also, if you want to try it out, its only 7 bucks a month so you can just buy one month of membership and see how you like it.

Peace :smoke:

2. My Private Chat is set to friends so you will need to post your IGN for me to add you so we can talk.

If you don't wish to share your name with everybody, feel free to PM me.

ALSO: I was thinking of starting a GC clan if enough people play? Anybody want to join in?

3. You sure you're not down to bang bro? Haha jk.

But yeah I'm from the other thread...I should be on later today or tomorrow.

You're right man, if you've played this game for years, it lures you back even if you quit. I've been off of it for about a year. Bought membership again recently.

I think I'm 175 with the new combat.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU]Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in. - YouTube[/ame]

Yea I'm 155 I believe. I'll be on pretty much the next couple days.

Also, I couldn't tell you how many times I have quit and rejoined, or renewed my membership and then cancelled it.

Countless times. :smoke:

5. My IGN is V Y P 3 R, add me. I fucking love to get blazed and play scape. I smoked a bowl earlier today and was hanging out in the party room, someone put 30m in the chest and I got 26m out of it :D I was pretty fucking happy. I think my combat is 162 with new combat, I was like 104 before.

6. I was absolutely addicted to that game 3 and a half years ago..... I played it non stop (with breaks for sleeping ect) lost 3 yrs of my life to that game lol if it was still old school style I would still be addicted

7. Added man :smoke:

I'll message you when I see you on. I'm around your combat, if you have membership we should do Pest control or something like that. I'm down for whatever.

Peace

8. Fuck. Seeing this may tempt me to start again but it's been like 4 years. That game is like heroine. I had to sell my Xbox because I would just sit and play for hours. I think it's actually dangerous. Lol but maybe it's just me. Video games get me addicted like nothing else. It's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

9. Totally the same way. I had such addictive tendancy to games and shit I was afraid to start smoking because I figured I could get addicted to anything.

Its arguable whether or not I'm addicted...

:smoke:

10. Weed has become more of a lifestyle choice then a dependency issue. I feel like it's that way for many smokers.. But if I fall into an RS binge ill let you know and join your clan or whatever they got these days

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

11. Can't start playing this again, but im interesting in seeing the new system. I'm pretty sure my pure would be useless in the new combat system though.

12. I play still occasionally. Only level 102 with about 80m though.

Name is: I Kiyohime I

Yup, lame, I know :3

13. I used to play well kinda botted my skills then played legit haha

14. I don't see one lip in this thread.

Your tags are deceiving, sir. But I digress, I never liked runescape.

15. Wanted to see how long it took people to notice. You win.

:smoke:

16. I haven't played runescape in quite some time either but I'm down to start playing again.
    My username is 'Cold Squirts' add me forsure.

17. Added man :smoke:

Message me next time you see me on yo

18. Oh man I've been playing this game since about '05. I used to be a total addict, but then quit for a few years. I got on again over the summer and, like everyone's saying, it sucked me right back in.:mad: I tried out the new combat beta but i had no idea they actually updated it now. Getting on right now I'm excited. :)

you can add me - Sartryn

edit - I joined a small clan too over the summer if you're interested. We don't do much, but I tried some pking with them before without much success. I lost a whip...

19. Hell yea I love that game. Add me my name is: beastly nick.

20. had a really good account but gave it to a blade on gc.

wouldnt mind playing it again with some blades.