Run-in with the police

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ziptowin, Jul 31, 2009.

1. This got long fast, sorry!

This story is from last November, when I was living in the dorms in my freshman year of school. Every Sunday night be an a buddy had to move our cars from a staff lot to our normal lot. Usually we would roll a spliff and smoke it on the way there or on the walk back, which was only about 1/3 of a mile. This was just one of our normal trips really. My car was already in the normal lot so I just went along with my friend to smoke and talk on the way back.

Anyway, he hop in his car with a guy from our dorm that I saw in the hallway and light it up as we start to drive. We pass it a couple of times and all of the sudden we see the most dreaded sight for all stoners. Red and blue lights flashing behind us right as we pull into the parking lot. We all immediately roll down the windows, and I ash it and eat it without telling either of them I did because this cop flew up to the drivers side window.

The cop started did the normal drivers license and insurance card thing, and left to go back to his car to run the info after telling us he pulled us over for a missing break light(my friend got the car 1 week prior, had no idea). While that is going on, I tell them I ate it and they laugh and say I was stupid as fuck for wasting half a spliff, while I try to tell them the car is getting searched no matter what. As this is happening, we see another cop pull up and I tell them don't say anything and deny a search of the car.

The cop comes back to the car and gets the driver out "to show you the bad break light." After about 2 minutes the cop comes to my window and asks me to get out of the car. I step out and he takes me to the front of the car. He asks me if there is anything in the car, I say no obviously, and then he does the same thing to the third guy. Then he goes back to the driver and asks him if he can search the car. He denies consent and the cop tells him he smelled "dope" and is going to search anyway because he has probable cause.

The cop rips the car apart, looking in every place possible, before coming out with an unopened bottle of wine looking pissed as hell. We were all under 21 and thought the driver was going to get a MIP. He talks to the driver who tells him it was for a "romantic dinner with his girlfriend," and to our surprise he just made him pour it out.

After that, the cop says "Don't smoke the dope, don't drink until you are 21, and if you drink, don't drive" and then walks back to his car and leaves. He all get back into the car and are shaking as we pull into a spot. We smoke a cig and then walk back to the dorm thinking of how many ways the situation could have gone wrong for us.

The worst part of the experience was watching the cop search the car while we stood outside in 15 degree weather for 20 minutes.

The real kicker to this story is that as we were walking out the door of the dorm, I had them wait up while I put my pipe and weed in my room. If I hadn't of done this, the cop would have seen the bulge and I would have been fucked. If you are ever in a car smoking weed, always be able to get rid of EVERYTHING at a moments notice. It saved me a possesion charge and my friend a possible DUI.

Be safe everyone

2. very nice save +rep!

3. quick with it.

4. I for one can appreciate someone who knows how to not get busted. Good for you!

+rep

5. where the hell are you located? its late july and you said it was 15 degrees outside? were you just exaggerating?

6. I guess you missed the part in the beginning where the OP said "This story is from last November"....:rolleyes:

7. lol yep. sure did.

8. yea the walk from north campus does suck in the winter eh?

9. Uh, I go to Mizzou. No clue what you are talking about.

10. I love reading success stories like this. Nice job bud, and great words of advice.

+rep