Rumple's LED Challenge

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Thanks but thats not my wife. She needs medical marijuana but can't afford to buy it and is unable to grow it herself. I provide (free of charge) the marijuana her doctor recommends she takes for her ailment. In exchange for the free bud, she has to join our trim party every two months or so.

The one below is my wife (last harvest):
    [​IMG]

2. You grow it for her? That's really cool of you to go through all that work and just give it away:hello:. +rep if i can

3. Haha with all that bud that is alot of trim time and that gets old quick. It may be worth while to give some away to have the help but thats really awsome to help someone like that.

Glad I checked this thread out I also havent seen an led grow as of yet that looks like the buds are very big without other lighting being used as well so this will be interesting to see the final results and alot of fun to watch. I guess you know you have mastered growing when a company comes to you and asks you to try there product and review it so a big pat on the back for taking the challenge.

4. +1 rep....

If only there were more growers like you.

5. So how is the test going got any new pics?

6. I will post Saturdays pics on Sunday

7. +Rep for getting the missus to help! I'm watching this one too. I can't afford them, but it doesn't hurt to see what they can do.

8. Looks like I showed up just in time. Pulling up a chair for this one.

9. Sorry a day late with updates. I took the pictures yesterday but that is as far as I got.

Day Seven of Veg:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The growth rate seems to be right on track with most of my HID grows. I have noticed a dew new burnt fan leaves. I am not real alarmed about this leaf burning.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall everything seems like it's going real nice. I will switch over to flowering mid week. I am going to try and locate a few pictures of the same day/days of HID grows for you guys to compare.

10. looking great rumple. The stems on her are real thick :) The buring looks nutrient related imho but glad it stopped. im lookin forward to the HID comparisons

11. #72 AGGrower, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  12. in this grow rumple started with a clone that had two seperate main stems/tops so that may be why it bushed out a bit faster.

13. Awesome!

Any idea on power consumption compared to your other lighting setups?

14. pulled this out for ya Romain

15. Ahh TYa TYa!

16. Do you still have lights at 18"? They sure do look like they are growing.

17. I have had to move the light up three times to keep it around 17".

I am looking through my picture files of old grows for you guys to compare. I can only find day 10 from a number of different grows. Day ten is when I switch the lights, so I have pictures of that day. Sorry no day 7 for ya.

But this day 7 is about the same size as a few of my day 10's. But I would say it's right on track so far.

18. Hey Rumple, Just read this quote from a while back.... Had a good laugh!

Can't wait for this outcome. I'm in need of a new light, gonna wait for this outcome.

Thanks Rumple for your dedication to this forum. Like many, you have helped me more then you will ever know.

By the way... the cutting board idea for your clone lid is stelar... Absolute perfect solution!

I do a have a question... I believe I read somewhere that you don't smoke. I know you do it for your wife, do you ever partake?

19. Bout time someone uses the plastic cutting board idea. It is a cheap way to make your own stuff out of plastic.

I have never tried my own weed. The only time I'm tempted is when my wife makes cookies using the butter made from our trim. Not because I want to get high, but the damn cookies looks so good!