Rumple's 2nd LED Challenge

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Hmmm interesting. I think the longer veg time will help for sure. And this also puts into perspective how much co2 actually works. My plants have been in the system for 3 weeks and are just now getting somewhat close to your's.

2. Well I've given some thought to it. They've taken the extra week and moved it into veg instead of during bloom-time.

If you get the same fantabulous growth over the next week Rumple you'll have a bigger plant going into the flower-cycle. More plant area and nodes should equal more buds? Is this their strategy you think? Seems like it is a compensation for last grow's smaller buds by making more of them and thus increasing weight.

What if you did the extra week of veg when you were using your HID? Seems a reasonable tactic and you'd get more yield then too. I'm all about the LED but I can hear it now: "still takes longer, costs more money etc... not as good."

Then again it might be the silver-bullet...;)

Not trying to be a negative-nelly but as a reasonable individual and consumer one has to look at the whole picture to make a determination.

3. With my HID the target harvest height is 4.5 feet tall. Ten days of veg gives me that height. To answer your question, it would be too tall for my grow room.

4. Now if they come close to the same as your normal HID with the extended veg time will you be satisfied with what the LED lights can produce? Or do you think they still have some work to do?

5. Hopefully you won't run into that problem, and the plant just fills out a bit more.:D

6. So that's an extra 3 weeks to the grow compared to your normal time...have they asked for more flower time too?

7. Wouldnt that be unfair to the HID since you only veg with that for ten days?

8. Yes it is but he had a good talk with it and explained everything and the HID is ok with it!

What the hell are you talking about?

9. Not exactly Shralp. The goal here is to get LED lights at least on par with HID and if 1 week longer veg will do it I think they would worth at least some of the money. Not saying that I would buy one but they would at least be getting close to where they need to be.

10. /\ /\ /\ That was funny...!!! Lol :)

11. Nice Rump.

maybe i will find a home for my HTG 90 watt triband led one of these days.

My experiments have shown that it keeps the plant focused on leafy green growth instead of flowers. I ended up with a weird "green" smell from one plant i vegged/flowered primarily with the UFO too, i think it was due to too much greenery in the buds.

I also believe it prolongs trich change.

The light will probably go in my small clone tent, dr-80. I found it to work well for clones (way high above the clones) and veg.

but i am watching closely again, i still think its the number of each color of led's in the htg that is the issue. so maybe prosource fixed that on this model on theirs after witnessesing the same thing on rumples previous challenege.

12. subscribed for round two

13. Rump,
    Are you in the know as to why you were provided two 180w led ufo's as apose to their 350w panel? For the extra 10w? I would have thought the 350w panel would sufice for your application? Strange.

14. They gave me one of them as well. I have not got around to using it yet.

15. Excellent Rumple, at this rate you will be testing LED lighting forever for us! Hopefully it manages to keep your cannabis coffers full. Did you happen to try it out? Is the coverage pretty good or is it one of those things where 2x 400w or 2x600w is better than 1x1000w? I am curious to the real coverage area compared to what was advertised.

16. I never even opened the box it cam in.

17. Nice rump :hello: everything looks perfect just like last time...Good luck with this grow man :D

18. Pretty pumped about this not gonna lie...the first one was really cool. I'll be interested to see if your results stay similar.

19. so how far along is she yet? some pix maybe pleeze? :D
    or haven't you put 'er in at this point?

20. great challenge! good notes too, will def watch this thread