Rules/Regulation for commercial grow sites Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Han-Bolo, Mar 28, 2019.

1. So ive been doing some research on commercial growing in Oklahoma as I am interested in obtaining my license. I see the various rules in regards to health department compliance and reporting to the state and what not. As far as where you are allowed to have a commercial grow, I have yet to find any info that makes it clean and clear for me to understand. So before I start looking into potential locations, I want to know what my rules are so im not looking in the wrong places. The only thing I can say definitively is that I have to register with the state, start an LLC, not be within 1000 ft of a school, be health code compliant, report to the gov each month, have permission from land lord if im renting, and register/pay with dep of agriculture. Does anyone know of a link or can help me to better understand where I can/cant grow commercially?

2. Wouldn’t the OMMA be able to provide this information? I would think at the very least it would be part of some kind of packet you receive from OMMA. I can ask my boss if he has that information. He is the one who obtained the grow, dispensary, and processing licenses that we operate under. I just do the growing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. right on, thanks man. Yeah, I could reach out to them, I hope theyre not too busy! Ive been reading through the legal stuff just havent come across anything definitive yet.

4. All I can say is do your due diligence. If it truly is a free for all and the state doesn't have any caps on licenses or location of licenses it will effectively crash the market within 2 years. Growers are the first to go when that happens. The only way to really be successful in the cannabis game is to hold multiple licenses, otherwise, you are in constant competition with everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree. You’ve got to be vertically integrated if you want to do this for more than a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Another thing that is more based on my opinion but mixed with the fact. With the continuous advancement in lighting technology, it is making it easier for the regular home grower to pull insane amounts of quality product with less start up cost, less operating cost and even less skill. While I get the flip side of this because this benefit is also given to the commercial grower it benefits the home grower far more. Example is one of the threads I'm following on here, They are expecting to pull 2lbs from 480watts of QB LED boards. Normally you would expect that from 1000 or 1200 watts of HID lighting.

7. That’s a pretty big crop. How long is their veg time?

8. Sooo...what info did you find out? Did you call OMMA. I’m in the same boat right now and trying to just find the information is like...overload. Definitely feel like a want to obtain a lawyer so I can be strictly compliant. What has your journey been so far?

9. I really havent dove into it yet, life kinda happened and I've been rocking the medical grow and good for now. Still got it on the back burner though. I would defintely talk to a lawyer. Share any findings here ! Always good to know.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Cool bro...thanks for the response back ✊

11. Good morning everyone in Oklahoma. I’m new here but wanted to toss this bit of info in the hat. I’m a commercial grower and design consultant here in OKC; one of my clients is an attorney who is offering flat-rate license acquisitions for grows, processing and dispensaries.

I’m happy to provide his contact information to anyone who would like to reach out to him. He’s located in okc as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Thought I would join this conversation, we are a retailer (dispensary) expanding into Oklahoma like a lot of people and I completely agree with the comments above.

The price of cannabis is going to crash harder here then any state has seen before. As Im writing this the wholesale price per lb is 2000+ with laws that allow for unlimited plant counts and unlimited square footage. (If im wrong on that someone please correct me)

In addition since you are allowed to be vertical (vertically interested) we are interested in doing so, however we're obviously not a mastergrower. Were looking to partner with someone under the right conditions that shares the same vision and strategy we do. If anyone is interested in possible partnership, strategic partnership, purchase order contracts, or something even more creative hit me up.

13. 2000$ a pound... Colorado hasn't seen those kinda prices for 5 years. Wholesale flower goes for $800-$1100 for the best of the best. Once the whole country is legal, I wouldn't be surprised if prices dropped to $500 a pound.

P.S. There is no such thing as a master grower. If you showed up at my greenhouse looking for a job and you said you were a master grower... You would get laughed right out of the building. My company utilizes agronomists, entomologists, growers, and farmers. Together we equal a master grower.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Completely agree on the mastergrower. I truely feel its a term for someone who has grown in a closet

In Washington it's even cheaper then in Colorado, most of us are shocked you're still getting that high of a price.

West Coast and Colorado prices will jump higher short term when it goes legal nationally because everything will be shipped out of state to meet national demand, I think it would take 36 months for production to once again scale up to meet national depand. Then it will get down to $250-500lb (let's not forget where hemp flower is at) so if they government removes things like limits on square foot / acres like they have in Washington, Oregon and many other legal States it will get down to $25lb

• Like Like x 2
  15. the OMMA does NOT do a good job at disseminating information to license holders. Laws, policies, and information in general regarding Oklahoma medical stuff is nearly impossible to find.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the OMMA does NOT do a good job at disseminating information to license holders. Laws, policies, and information in general regarding Oklahoma medical stuff is nearly impossible to find.

17. Hi, you are right my friend. To start an LLC you need to look out for state rules for setting it up and try to furnish yourself with the Delaware LLC search process so as to set up an LLC. One more thing is that the income of a flow-through entity is treated as the income of its owners. That means that owners of an LLC are able to avoid double taxation.

18. The other way.
    Cut a deal with the native American Indians to grow on Indian owned lands
    Then the grow will not be under state nor federal regulations.
    That is what is happening where I live.