Rule Andrews 1st Grow..Zero Experience

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ruleandrews, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I was given some seeds from a friend, not sure what strain they were, but figured I would germinate them and see what happens. I'm 7 weeks in now and I just cant get enough! Based on some reading and comparing pictures, I am pretty sure the seeds I have are some type of Indica plant. I was also given a couple Jack Herer seeds 4 weeks into this grow and decided to germinate them as well and give them a go!

Currently in veg roughly 7 weeks
    Indoor
    Soil (Fafard NPK 0.3-0.2-0.1) 20% Perlite
    12" Pots
    Started with 6 x 32 watt T8 - Upgraded to 2 x 600 Watt LED
    4x4 Grow Tent
    RH Anywhere from 40% to 70%
    No pest that I can see
    Watering roughly every 3 days with 20% run off
    Just started ferts week 7 because I started to see signs of deficiencies.

Week 1 Pic's T8 Lighting

Attached Files:

2. Week 2 - T8 Lighting 18/6 Cycle

Attached Files:

3. Week 3 - T8 No ferts 18/6 Cycle

Attached Files:

4. #4 ruleandrews, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Week 4 - Added more T8 No ferts, but had to get bigger pots. Currently in 12" Pots. I also topped them and they are bent over loosely with wire.

Attached Files:

5. #5 ruleandrews, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Week 5 - Same as Week 4. The Jack Herer seedlings can been seen in this pic.

Attached Files:

6. Week 6 - Upgraded to a grow tent and 8" fan with carbon filter

Attached Files:

7. Week 7 - Upgraded to two 600 led full spec light and started ferts this week. Also ran a separate circuit for my grow from my panel. Electrical safety is #1.

I am hoping the ferts I have added will take care of some of the discoloration.

Attached Files:

8. The led lights have a bloom and veg switch, should I keep them both on?They are 30" above the plants right now. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

9. Hey we are definitely on the same schedule I'm currently entering week 9 and I have three Autos in for photos currently going I have a multi-chamber Ted and I am also using LEDs feel free to drop by to check it out but you're doing well only thing that I'm concerned with is that your plans haven't started to flower yet my recently started flowering two weeks ago around week 4 unless you Jack Harrison. Autos I would lessen your light schedule induce flowering

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

10. Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check your progress out!

I think I waited too long to give the plants any nutrients. When they started showing signs of nitrogen deficiency, that's when I started feeding them. I think the lack of nutrients stunted their growth a bit.

The plants are not even a foot tall, should I wait a little longer before switching the light schedule?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are they Autos if so I would not let it go past week 6 without trying to attempt to switch your light schedule to 12:12

12. What kind of led are you using?
    I think you have to move up them if you want the plant grow up in tall.
    However the ladies looks good and bushy.

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

13. They are 2 600 watt Meizhi. They are about 32" above right now.

14. #15 ruleandrews, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Re potted the two Jack Herer's. Not sure when to start flowering. I might flush at the end of this week, flip the lights and have all 7 flowering.

I see other peoples plants at week 8 and they are huge, mine are bushy, but small. Not sure If I should wait longer before flipping the lights?

Should I put them in bigger pots before flowering?

They are currently in 10 liter pots.

Attached Files:

15. #16 ruleandrews, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Got the plants out from the LEDs to get some clearer pics. Day 60 today for all but the two smaller ones which are the Jack Herer which sprouted 24 days ago... 20181210_200320.jpg 20181210_200428.jpg 20181210_200814.jpg 20181210_200820.jpg 20181210_200917.jpg

16. flower now 8 weeks of veg is good

17. Earlier this week I have started reducing the lights an hour a day. Last night was a 13/11 and tonight will be 12/12.

I also flushed the veg nutrients and started today with the recommended transition nutrients.

I flushed them 3 days ago.
    Water in: ph 6.4 ppm 165 (Average tap water tds)
    Water out; ph 6.4 ppm 1100

I watered today with the transition solution.
    Water in: ph 6.4 ppm 900.
    Water out: 6.4 ppm 1400

I also dropped the lights to 18" and have both veg and bloom switches on.

Temp's in tent:
    69° lights off
    78° lights on

RH%
    35% to 45%. I cant get it to go any higher. I have set a small aquarium with an underwater fan to help a bit, but its very minimal.

18. Lights have been flipped and did a bit of defoliating. Some pots are drying out faster than others, so I was only able to feed the bloom nutrients to a couple of them today. I also shifted some things around to make room for some veggies i'm growing along side.

Temp's and Rh% are staying the same, but the run off water is kinda concerning me.

Water in: ph 6.4 ppm 900
    Water out: ph 6.4 ppm 1600

I think I'll wait to see of there are any signs of burning and if so, i'll back off a bit...

Attached Files:

19. Day 2 since I switched the light over and starting to see some discoloring of the bud sites. Almost all of them are turning yellow.

I've only changed two things since I flipped the lights:

1) Moved the lights to 15" above the canopy
    2) Changed the from grow nutrients to bloom. The run off ppm was very high.

I'm going to move the lights back up and water (ph 6.4) without out any nutrients....Trial and error I guess!

Attached Files: