Ruderalis???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Jul 7, 2017.

1. These plants are growing very slow. It's been a month. Only at 5th node and still giving 3 fan leaves a piece.. thinking it was a lock out issue so I transplanted from cup to 2.5 gallon in fresh ocean forest soil... thinking to give it time to let the nutes kick in from the soil itself before I start feeding them.. anyone have slow growth problems? Maybe it has a lot to do with the environment. Maybe I should scrap these and start over?? What y'all think? 1499451365449.jpg 1499451376415.jpg 1499451381480.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. They look under feed. What are you feeding them? What's your lighting? What did you use for soil?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. I haven't fed them at all.. just the nutes that's already in the fox farms ocean forest.... and 400 watt MH

4. Well it looks like you need to start feeding nutrients. My opinion though. Doubt its a lockout.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rate of growth is directly proportional to quality of light in the indoor grow. Also, starting them in a large container of soil just means it takes longer for them to form a root system, get settled and back to growing. They don't need water OR nutes. You don't start an infant out on steak and potatoes do you? The soil has more than enough nutrition to keep them fed for the first several weeks of life. Smaller container means it has to root into less soil. If they were growing slow in containers smaller than this, it's likely a lack of quality light. You also should know (among a lot of other things) that you never water or feed a plant until you can lift the container and feel NO weight. If you feel any weight, that is water still in the soil and it's not time yet. Nutes do not grow plants. They feed them. LIGHT is the element you should be big-time concerned about because without it, you're spinning wheels. If you haven't, do take the time to educate yourself to some degree on how to take care of plants in the indoor grow. Unless you get the very basics down, you'll be having problems for months. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. How long ago did you transplant?

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you just transplanted you probably won't notice a difference for a week or so. If it isn't bad genetics they should start to grow fast once the roots get comfortable. You definitely don't need to feed them. Your instincts are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TWW, this clearly has nothing to do with lack of lighting.. most of what you say is accurate, but not helpful in diagnosing problems.. :/

9. Just yesterday..

10. Great info bro!!

11. So what about the 3 leafs? Obviously that's not normal after the 4th node right?

12. Yeah it may take a week or two, just be patient, don't give any nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks bro.

14. Sorry didn't read the transplant part lol my bad.