Rubik's Cube Pipe, Grinder, and Storage

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by LuckyVermin, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Ok, so a challenge has been posted on reddit and I think that I might have designed something new and exciting. As the posting says, what was asked to design was a rubik's cube containing storage, pipe, and grinder and I have done it. However, what I love most about it is that the tiers funciton. The top, middle, and bottom are able to spin independently. I have inlcuded a poll at the top asking my fellow blades if they will buy this product. If it's high enough, I will build a prototype. Thanks for reading and your support.

Edit: I am at home today, hence why I'm blazed, and cannot put pics up till later. My work computer has the software I need to draw this thing up.

2. I will place my vote once the pictures are up. But I think its a great idea.

possible +rep here...

3. I'm going to let this be my first post :D

What you have described has let's just say.. peaked my interests. subscribed.

4. #4 dragonsfire1988, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    The pic won't show.

I'm pretty intrigued though.

EDIT: copy/pasted link into address bar and the site came up. I'm a little perplexed as to the design/function...a 3d~ish model would help much more.

Would the pieces come apart, seperate from eachother?

5. Yes, the pipe, grinder and storage come apart, but I suppose I could make the storage unit permanently(sp?) attached to the grinder.

6. sounds pretty heavenly i must say. but if you do come around to making a legit prototype, make sure your using the proper materials, no one wants burning plastic up in there lungs

7. That looks sweet, but make sure you use the right materials. Also, since I'm guessing you aren't planning on sending these to china in the next month, I would guess that it would be very pricey.

8. Looks like it has potential, but the magnets on the bowl piece would be too weak to hold it on all the time I think. Most grinders with magnets also have the surface contact around the outside to keep it from sliding sideways, and the magnet just kinda holds it centered. I'd say have the pipe slide outta four of the blocks.

Ignore my MS Paint awesomeness, but this is what your idea made me think of.
    rubikspipe.png picture by silent-bob24 - Photobucket

9. Honestly, if I can get the materials for what I'm seeing, I think I can build it and turn a profit for about $40.

10. WOW:eek: Looking good!

I would recommend to friends who aren't medical because they would have to have something semi-discrete, but I have no need for this... I'm in the minority though...

Looks like we have a nice new thing to hit the market here!

11. It would be cool if you had to solve the rubik's cube before you could take it apart and use it. Kind of like a challenge. If you wanna smoke, your brain's gotta do some work first!

12. depending on how the final product came out, and so long as there is no plastic going into the smokers lungs... im sure you could get it to sell, i bet that your LHS would sell them if they were good quality.

13. hell yea. i dont know why, but i absolutely love novelty pieces

14. An interesting concept. However there are plenty of established Smoke and stash devices out there (proto pipe, dugout). I'm not sure how exicted I would be to smoke out of a rubik's cube when I can just grind up at home, fill the storage area of my dugout/proto, and bring that instead.

15. If I make this thing, I know that I will never make much money from it. Like m3tal said, I jsut like buying and designing novelty pieces.

16. If its made right then i could see people buying this just because its awesome rather than for proper use and would only occasionally smoke from it, would be great if you got it made, i would be interested for sure.

17. So it's basically a dugout taken to a whole new level and it's also a working Rubik's Cube? You the man if you make it work. I and many people on this forum would buy it without a second thought.

18. #19 dragonsfire1988, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010

This piece could NEVER work like a real Rubik's Cube...You couldn't seperate the individual cubes/squares as such if the grinder and pipe are meant to be whole entities(like traditional grinders/pipes). Just think about it for a second, if you've ever really played with a Rubik's Cube...

Also, if you could do this Vermin and make it work, I may invest...it would be a novelty item rather than a "big seller," but it's a fantasic idea..Bear in mind you could not use actual plastic for the bowl as plastic melts...would have to be metal (more $$ to construct)