Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

rubbing keif on my back seemed to help my back pain. is that possible?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by meow123, May 15, 2013.

1.     can i make this keif into a paste or something? seems difficult bc you are only get such a small amount from a double 

2. what. lol.

3. Lol why would you try that in first place?

4. I dont doubt the power of weed so I dont say its not possible...

5. points for just thinking outside the box rofl

6. #7 Asthmatic, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    It is possible but in efficent.  Mix the kief into an oil or alcohol and it will work better.  Decarboxylate
    first and it will become intoxicating in a dose dependant way if you want it to be,  Helps me sleep.

What is a double?

7. basically what @[member="Asthmatic"] said im sure if you search around the site a bit mostly the edibals you will find a recipe for topical use which will make the effects much stronger most likely

did the mention work?

8. #9 Asthmatic, May 16, 2013

There is actualy one in my blog but it gets complex.  BadKittySmiles has a good one that is easier. There are lots of R/x's for topicals  ;)  I just like to start patients out simple till they are hooked then they start trolling around for recipes on their own.  I'll search the net about once a month to see if I can find a new recipe that will help me make mine more useful in my therapy.

Some people think you can't get buzzed from a topical but frankly you can.  It is about strength, formulation and quantity / surfice area covered.  The buzz can be used as a legitimate part of the therapy if night time pain is interfeering with sleep and the medicine is used at bed time.  Other people need a day time pain reliever without the buzz so knowing how to make a carbyoxlated topical is important too.  Kief is my favorite pathway there but some people think using kief is like using itching powder and prefer a tincture to avoid that itchy feeling.  If you have Kief a tincture can be as easy as pooring a half shot of booz over a gram or two of kief in a gold reuseable metal coffee filter.  Less booze over more kief will make a stronger tincture.  If you smoke or vape and you think you might not have gotten every thing you want back from the kief you can check the debris for un used medicine that way once the booxe has evaporated away or just run your next 1/2 shot over the stuff you ran the first time before you use it to extract the next gm or 2 of tincture.  

I find Tinctures can be a little sticky once the alcohol evaporates away but that can be fixed by rubbing a moisturizer over where the sticky spot is and it will aid in absorption.

9. #10 lonew0lf420, May 16, 2013
    what a coincidence, I had wart on my finger and i figured that weed is the ultimate medicine so I rubbed some bud on the warts. it was futile but I can never doubt magic mary 

10. [SIZE=12pt]Homemade hemp salve       (forum thread - 2005)     [/SIZE]http://www.bushka.cz/archiv/mastEN.html
    \n[SIZE=12pt]WR's Cannabalm       (forum thread - 2008)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]http://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-hemp-cream/144228-wr-s-cannabalm.html[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Topical Cannabis Healing Salve       (recipe – 2010)[/SIZE]
    http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/topical-cannabis-healing-salve/

[SIZE=12pt]Medical Marijuana Topical Balm Recipe for Eczema, Sore Joints, PMS Cramps [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt](recipe – 2011)      [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]http://ommplady.blogspot.com/2011/03/medical-marijuana-topical-balm-recipe.html[/SIZE]

11. ya i was gunna say what storm crow posted

there's cannabis-derived topical creams but rubbing actual kief on your back? lololol. might as well go grab some pollen outside and roll around in it. see what happens.

12. fucking genuis never once thought to do that