Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubbing alcohol

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by volgelsong, Dec 13, 2011.

1. So I just cleaned my glass pipe out with rubbing alcohol. I didn't give it much time before I rinsed it out and dried it. I smoked a bowl and the hits tasted sort of strange. If by any chance I left some alcohol in the inside of my pipe, would it be harmful?

2. Not in that amount.

3. Should be good, we used to put vodka in our bongs for awhile, it hurt like hell and really never understood why they did it.

4. cause your retarded? your the type that trys tampons in vodka up the arse to get pissed quick

5. Do a better job of rinsing it out. I actually use kosher salt, 91% iso, and mouthwash (that has alcohol).. never had a piece I couldn't clean with it

6. I'm retarded, yet you can't even using the correct form of "you're".
    I never did it people at parties and mad heads around here did, obviously not going to empty a bong out fill it with water take a hit then empty it and refill it with vodka. It was dumb but i never followed the trend.

7. we fuking s mokeddlkdl fuking weed get the fukji iother the spelling POTHEADJFID!!!!!!! CAN YOU READ THAT?:D

8. clean with alcohol then boil it water thats what i do it takes all that flavor out.

9. no...

10. To the OP, you're fine.
    There won't be enough alcohol left to hurt you, it'll just taste shitty.

11. [quote name='"adam1120"']we fuking s mokeddlkdl fuking weed get the fukji iother the spelling POTHEADJFID!!!!!!! CAN YOU READ THAT?:D[/quote]

You seem like a loser. Can YOU read that?

12. I have stopped boiling or using alcohol on my pipes. The alcohol drawls all the water from the glass making it brittle and the heating and cooling of boiling serves to refire/weaken the glass. Salt is just as bad as alcohol for dehydration. I look for alcohol free citrus based glass pipe cleaners and that's what I go with. Most of them you can reuse the hell out of before you need more.

13. Don't feed the animals.

14. why is this the first time i ever heard of this? not saying i doubt you but why doesnt everyone or anyone for that matter know about this. everyone uses iso to clean their pieces

15. That's nasty as fuck!

Just use a paper clip and a rollie, or if its harder res, squish it into a ball and smoke it.

16. That's exactly what I was thinking! I swear by iso these days and that totally gave me an "oh, shit" moment.

17. You still alive??

In a week ask yourself the same.

If so;good to go.

18. Of course it wont do anything it will just taste funny so you should rinse it in something like a bag of lime juice or something just to rid the tatse of alcohol. When I clean my pipes they usually just tatse like salt.

19. They didn't take chemistry? They only see the alcohol getting out the resin? They just DGAF? I can only account for me m'man.

20. iso alcohol makes glass brittle? hahah yea okay.
    Boiling definitely does but iso and salt don't affect shit.