Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubbing Alcohol

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by usernamehere, Dec 16, 2008.

1. is it Safe to use Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) 70%USP for extracting hash oil?
    I keep hearing about using 99% but I'm not sure if it's safe for 70%

2. It is safe but it will take a lot longer to evaporate

3. thank you. Because i kept hearing about denatured rubbing alcohol, and such, and i thought maybe the 70% meant it had been denatured.

4. #4 Dr.GreeenTHUMB, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Isopropyl is often fatal if inhaled, now you can make hash with it but... it's definitely not safe to do often. Here's a recipe that uses good healthy water and involves no stove time!

Dr.GreeenTHUMB says, "Hey there, try this recipe! THis stuff works! And if you've got stems laying about or seeds, let me show you how to get some killer Kief Hash from them! THAT'S RIGHT! PURE KIEF THC FROM YOUR STEMS!"

go here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/346877-kief-hash-made-simple.html#post4038274

and remember, Save your stems!

5. hey this reminds me I have 70% Isropopyl rubbing alcohol and I need to clean my pipe really bad. Ive never had to do this before, Ive always just used friend's smoking devices but i needed something for the rare times I smoke alone, so I got a pipe only recently. Anyway will this be safe to use or should I use something else?

6. the alcohol works best. but flush the pipe with water later to wash out any residue from the alcohol. Sometimes salt and water can work or a que tip and hot water.

7. could I use something else. I dont want to smoke and get paranoid about the rubbing alcohol in my pipe the next time I use it.

8. All of the alcohol will have evaporated by the time you use it next. Use Iso+Salt, then rinse with hot water. Totally safe to smoke out of right after you rinse it good with the water.