Rubbing Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by StayFrosty90, Jun 8, 2014.

1. I want to clean my glass pipe and I will use the iso/salt method, and I don't know where to find some iso.... any advice? I'm from Europe so there aren't any walmarts etc...

2. sorry for making this topic 3 times my phone sucks

3. Is there target, CVS, or walgreens? Find any pharmacy type store. If no success order it online

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Why would you need Walmart to get rubbing alcohol? If you live in a place where they have general stores they will have rubbing alcohol. Its not a unique item its sold at dollar stores.

5. I don't know if they sell the 99.9% but I will give it a try thank you!

Sent from my ST21i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. One more question: for iso hash I need the 99% or the 95% ?

7. From my knowledge it doesn't really matter above 91% I use 99% just because it evaporates that bit quicker but its only a few minutes difference I'd imagine.

8. thanks! How much should I buy for 2-3 times?

9. Depends on how much bud you have to wash.

10. about 2-3 g each time

11. You wont need much for small washes.  Just go to a pharmacy/ store and go to the first aid section.  I use 99% but that's just because every one carries it and its not that much more money.

12. So much ignorance.... 99.99% doesn't exist you can find 99% but that is kind of rare. CVS Vons Ralphs, Rite-Aid or anything similar sells 70 and 91%

13. I just looked it up and apparently Asda has it if there's one near you.

14. I love your name!

15. ISO and salt is the best for cleaning glass. Any local pharmacy will probably have it.

16. Please please look at the ingredients when buying ISO. Often there's other chemicals in the bottle that you don't want. Make sure it's 99% and 1% distilled water or only alcohol and water for 70% ISO.

17. A pharmacy should have it but you don't need 99 or 91% he'll I've used. 50% to clean glass. I like other cleaners better though. I'm not a fan of violently shaking my glass so intend to use concentrated simple green and let it sit a day or two depending on how dirty it is.