Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubbing Alcohol and its effect on the brain

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Laughing Grass, Nov 16, 2009.

1. I was telling my dad some of the techniques we use now to make hash and he was telling me that even though the rubbing alcohol evaporates it leaves a microscopic film on the thc and when you smoke it you will start to get memory loss. He is one of the old skool hippy stoners that is used to the ways of making hash in the 70's....so I am just thinking that he doesnt know this way of making hash and is just skeptical. However, I would like to know if rubbing alcohol leaves a film on the thc you put on the plate to dry. BTW I am talking about qwiso just to be clear. I do notice I have some memory loss and this is why he says it contributes to memory loss. In other words he was telling me to stop using rubbing alcohol to make hash. Also, I was telling him that the male pot plant does infact have thc in it. Its just that its so little that its not worth it. You have to grow a male plant all the way out and then make blender hash from it and you only end up with .5-1.0 grams of hash. So please guys, tell me about this alcohol thing...

2. No, the alcohol and the water evaporates.

3. id rather make BHO than qwiso personally anyway. i think its more potent, and enjoy the extraction process more.. just my .2 cents tho

4. Actually, he is somewhat right. It does leave microscopic amounts, but not near enough to cause long or short term damage.

5. I agree the bho is so much more fun to do.

6. haha right man, its addicting once you learn how to make it. you wana make more and mroe batches... you can never make/have/smoke enough bho. ever. ;)

7. Well my dad was saying that BHO method is even worse, isnt that lighter fluid or something? A flim from that being smoked doesnt sound too plesent. Can anyone show me a document or study that shows the film left from rubbing alcohol isnt bad for you?

8. dude smoke in general is bad for you.. no matter how you look at it. its a proven fact.

9. I doubt your going to find a study about the rubbing alcohol, you know how it is about reliable studies related to marijuana.

About the BHO being worse I doubt it, if there are microscopic amounts left, you inhale more than that everytime you hit a pipe or bong man.

10. ya purging evaporates the butane from the oil.. and like the person above me said, if there are trace amounts left, its no worse than taking a bong hit with a lighter lol