Rubbermaid grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by streetlight221, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Hello all. I am currently in the process of making a rubbermaid grow chamber. I just got the inside painted white and will be installing the 'guts' tomorrow so I will have pictures up once I am done.

The space I have to work with is 16"h x 32"w x 18"d. I plan on using power strips with plug in sockets across the lid of the tub so that will bring my space down to about a food of height :/ but I figure with over two foot of space across I can lst and keep the height down while still having a decent sized plant. I'm planning on using 9 cfls to light the tub, which would give me around 14,400 lumens... I might get y splitters to add additional bulbs not sure yet. I'm not too worried about the heat because I am placing the grow in a shed and it's getting rather chilly. Might have to worry more about keeping the plant warm than cooling it down lol. Would 14,400 lumen be okay for one plant? I have been reading around but most people say to go by the wattage, which would have me at 234 watts for the tub.

As of right now I only plan to have one plant in a longer and wider pot rather than deep, any one know if this would work out okay?

One last question, would putting panty hose over the air intake be a good idea? Just to prevent anything from making its way in.

This is my first grow indoors so hopefully all goes well. Thanks for any advice and input.

2. #2 WickedSmoke, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    Edit: I only read half your post.. Err

That setup could work. With wide pots and a scrog. Do a lot of topping will give you ton of bud sites, when you top and split the buds will get smaller but with so many bud sites it would be more then just one large cola in that space.