Rubbermaid grow box... is my closet too hot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenthumbed, Aug 9, 2009.

1. I have a digital thermometer in my closet for the last few days and have seen temps from 80 f all the way up to 91.5 f. how hot is it going to get in my grow box in this closet with 6 27 watt day light cfls? Is my grow even possible? I bought a 120mm computer fan that moves air at 78 cfm but not sure that will keep it cool enough.

2. hello? anyone? my closet max temp today was 92.0 F and 46% humidity. Can my plant grow in this? thank you guys!

3. Yea man add an exhaust fan dude!!!!
    So that's one fan inside, and one fan inside towards outside.
    Keep the temp down below 25C!!
    Make sure u have enough space and check up on them a couple times a day.

4. that just the temps in my closet without lights on or anything. i think maybe a mini hydroponics setup might be needed. what do you think? this would keep humidity up and temps down i think.

5. this board is slow!

6. eh, I would add a fan with some exhaust vent out of the closet and add a fresh air vent some where.

If you have 2 fans in the grow box, one pushing in from the fresh air, and one pushing out , with a small circulating fan.. you should be fine with the cfl's.

If your doing just 1 maybe 2 plants Id stick to soil imo.

Generally when I have high humidity, i still have high temps. But im not sure.

Good luck :)

Will.

7. Well, Some people have lives.. Just give it a few minutes and usually some one will reply :)

:smoking:

8. thanks man.
    yeah sorry for the rant i just want to learn and learn

9. do some reading instead of waiting on ppl to tell ya whats already written here.....from what i have read plants growth slows ALOT over 85.

10. yeah so how do i get it cooler without spending much money?

11. have you got an old pc fan? and also an old phone charger? check the voltages match (usually 12v or something?) and just strip the wires, connect them with there proper lines and tape up with some good old electrical tape. i think you have to check the watts as well though you would have to wait for another GC user to confirm this.

12. already have a 120mm 78cfm fan hooked up and its well vented. still too hot.

13. got any pics of the box?

14. Is there air getting out, or are you circling air inside.... What do you want us to tell you? it works for everyone else, add fans until its no longer hot...

15. my problem is my closet that my box is in gets very hot. i had 4 cfls 27w going today and when i got home temps were 100f and humidity was like 25%

i live in west tx and temps are around 105-110 outside. its hot!

will adding a dwc hydro setup make it any cooler in there?

16. you realy want an "intake" and "exhaust" you should have one fan sucking in fresh air and another fan blowing out old stagnant air its realy easy to set up with pc fans.

17. ok ill try getting another fan in there.