Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubber Grommet to Glass on Glass Help

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CorbDawg, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Alright i got a ash catcher/percolator for my friend's water pipe for a b-day present. I don't know much about water pipes so when i was picking out the ash catcher the lady said "glass on glass or rubber something". and i was like.... like glass slide, glass stem, glass on glass.

So i get the glass on glass piece and quickly test it out on his to see if it fits, and it doesn't. His was the rubber thing.

So now i have this ash catcher and need to get some attachment to get this ash catcher to be secure and functional for his pipe.

I know there are stems out there that hook with about anything but i don't know much about what kind of stem, do i have to replace this stem, can i just get one cheap fix up that can go from this glass on glass piece to his slide, what's joint size on a stem, and all that hoo-ha

2. so its a glass on glass?
    what size is it? 14mm across the larger end or 18mm?
    if its 14 mm, a 9mm rubber grommet stem will fit snuggly inside.
    make sure it has the rubber o ring on it and it sould work fine =)
    post or msg me some pics so i can help you out further
    i have dealt with this kinda issue before myself and very knowledgable =)

3. Here are 2 pics to kinda give a show of what's goin on.

Attached Files:

4. #7 Grimeade, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    its 28$ with shipping

this site has it for like 22$ shipped and you can get a custom length

clear diffused size 14 downstem by Simpleglasstubes on Etsy[]=tags&includes[]=title

i am not 100% it would work though, could someone confirm this for me?

i am currently having the same problem man.

i made some measurements of my downstem (uses 9.5mm slide)

[​IMG]

is yours similar?