Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rubber grommet bong to GonG?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Eric 805, May 4, 2010.

1. I just bought this bong with a rubber grommet and I am wondering if I can use a glass on glass with it, anyone know?

2. no. the point of g on g is that there is no rubber.

3. no, what I am wondering is if i can take out the grommet and will the hole there be able to hold an 18mm downstem for a g on g

4. how would you plan on attaching the g on g downstem to the bong itself? thats were the second 'g' in glass on glass comes from. you couldnt do it with grommet or some really ghetto puddy/caulk situation.

edit: if you're just trying to use a downstem from a gong on a grommet bong, and not trying to upgrade your grommet to gong, then i suppose yes, its possible, but there really isnt much point to that and it would rely on a grommet still.

5. We are thinking of different forms of a grommet, i ended up using the search button. mines like a bit of a plug but yeah i can do it

6. Theres converters that are out there for regular bongs with grommets to use glass on glass bowls with. Just picked one up myself, but make sure you know what size your bowl is so that you can get the right converter. check out your headshop they might carry them, at least they would be able to direct you into the right direction to find one.

7. Im still a bit confused, why would you want to add a GonG bowl/stem if its still not a glass on glass bong?

8. Sometimes there's really nice looking glass on glass bowls, so why not be able to make the best of both worlds and be able to use different bowls on different bongs.
    Glass on glass bongs are usually a little bit more than other bongs (at least at my headshop they are). I also use it often for my oil crane because it does not fit my glass on glass bong.